Sam Houston batch number....

WhiskeyProposition
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I posted recently about a bottle of Sam Houston 15 year that I picked up at a NY liquor store.

I was reading on Sam Houston's site and came across their releases & batches page. The 15 year is batch 6. It shows NY as receiving batches 1 the 2 (NY-1 & NY-2). Mine is labeled as 'NY-3', which isn't listed as one of their batches. I've just messaged them about it and hope to hear back. 

Seems a bit odd... 

IMG_20210722_200159534.jpg

IMG_20210722_200137345.jpg

Edited by WhiskeyProposition

I am not an expert on this bourbon.  I wonder if they mean it is the third overall release for NY.   If so, this might be Release 6, NY-1

State specific releases for NY

Release 2 - 2019, NY-1

Release 4 - 2020, NY-1

Release 6 - 2021, NY-1 and NY-2

I am bored so I checked their website and I am just speculating.  I am certain they will provide the actual information you seek.

I misspoke....it should have read:

The 15 year is RELEASE 6. It shows NY as receiving batches 1 and 2 (NY-1 & NY-2). Mine is labeled as 'NY-3', which isn't listed as one of their batches under Release 6.

Since no one answered my question in another thread 😉.....

How does it taste?  I haven't found tasting notes from anyone on the SH 15.

I haven’t tasted it, but supposedly it’s the same mash/distillate as the Old Carter… sourced out of Bardstown.

On 7/23/2021 at 8:07 AM, BigRich said:

I have yet to open this one....will post up as soon as I do. 

On 7/23/2021 at 8:07 AM, BigRich said:

I have a SH14.

It tastes a lot like 1792 twelve year to me.

Oaky, slightly fruity (cherry), etc.

Pretty solid stuff.

The SH15 is a slightly higher proof (103 vs 98, I believe) and probably tastes a year older.

🤷‍♂️

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 9:15 PM, WhiskeyProposition said:

I posted recently about a bottle of Sam Houston 15 year that I picked up at a NY liquor store.

I was reading on Sam Houston's site and came across their releases & batches page. The 15 year is batch 6. It shows NY as receiving batches 1 the 2 (NY-1 & NY-2). Mine is labeled as 'NY-3', which isn't listed as one of their batches. I've just messaged them about it and hope to hear back. 

Seems a bit odd... 

IMG_20210722_200159534.jpg

IMG_20210722_200137345.jpg

Hi I am from New York and I can find any sam houston products curious which liquor store did you pick up this bottle from?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.