Blue Run

MJWP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 10/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, DeepCover said:

I came across the Blue Run Rye yesterday in a glass case with other allocated whiskey and it was marked “not for sale”. Then why put it in the case? It was the only bottle marked NFS. 

This happens to me often. Typically it's an ancient, obscure bottle of Scotch that's been there longer than any of the employees (and sometimes owners) and they can't process that someone wants to actually purchase it. There's a bottle in NYC I've been working on for years.

• I like it 1

On 10/24/2021 at 9:00 PM, DeepCover said:

I came across the Blue Run Rye yesterday in a glass case with other allocated whiskey and it was marked “not for sale”. Then why put it in the case? It was the only bottle marked NFS. 

Ive seen stores do that to “generate bids” if you will.

Some customers see it (NFS sign) as a challenge and make it their mission in life to get whatever, because “everything has a price” 🙄

Last month I was in Louisville right when Blue Run Rye released.  Saw it range from about $100 at grocery stores to $500 at liquor stores and everything in between.  One store had a sign that said “please ask for price quote”.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 12:59 AM, apt43bear said:

Did a little blind between the Blue Run Rye, EH Taylor Rye, and Pikesville Rye. Was able to get them mostly because of the Pikesville proof stood out (in a good way) and Blue Run seemed have a better finish and mouthfeel than the EH Taylor. I didn’t want to like it but I really did enjoy the Blue Run but when I can get the Pikesville at a fraction, I’m going Pikesville but the Blue Run was tasty and enjoyed it a lot more than the EH Taylor Rye. 

PS. Sorry for duplicate post as also posted in the rye board but thought I’d share the reply in the Blue Run thread too

AC8EF711-35AE-420A-A94C-FC56CE3EF47E.jpeg

Some EHT Rye fans gonna be pissed you picked Blue Run over it .... Uh oh . How dare you . LOL 

• I like it 1

7 hours ago, MJWP said:

Some EHT Rye fans gonna be pissed you picked Blue Run over it .... Uh oh . How dare you . LOL 

Haha I don’t know what it is about the EHT Rye. I’ve done it blind with several ryes in the past too but just never hits the spot for me. Haha maybe I just gotta get through this bottle and try a new one. 

• I like it 1

On 11/11/2021 at 10:20 PM, apt43bear said:

Haha I don’t know what it is about the EHT Rye. I’ve done it blind with several ryes in the past too but just never hits the spot for me. Haha maybe I just gotta get through this bottle and try a new one. 

No, I'm with you.  I've tried it multiple times and I just don't like it.  Easy pass for me every time I see it.

• I like it 3

• 3 weeks later...

Just cracked my Blue Run Golden Rye last night . I find it to be a terrific , and unique tasting rye.  Super delicious . 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.