Macro droplets of bourbon

dwg13013
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Very nice find.  As far as I know, this is totally new.  Though if you read the "science" page on that site his techniques might look crude, he's showing you how to do it at home, what he does is a bit more advanced.  He knows droplets, he's micro fluids prof at U of Louisville.  On the site there's link to youtube video.

Here's his real science: Whiskey webs: Fingerprints of evaporated bourbon: Physics Today: Vol 74, No 2 (scitation.org)

whiskeyblender, you looking at this?

• I like it 1

I used to do a lot of macro photography. Mostly insects, spiders and such.

I found the praying mantis very interesting. Has facial expressions that seem like our emotions. Definitely thought I could see curiosity. 

Really opened up a new world to me.  

• I like it 2

10 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

Very nice find.  As far as I know, this is totally new.  Though if you read the "science" page on that site his techniques might look crude, he's showing you how to do it at home, what he does is a bit more advanced.  He knows droplets, he's micro fluids prof at U of Louisville.  On the site there's link to youtube video.

Here's his real science: Whiskey webs: Fingerprints of evaporated bourbon: Physics Today: Vol 74, No 2 (scitation.org)

whiskeyblender, you looking at this?

Interesting article.

Explains a lot, like the relationship to water, and the effect of charred new barrels. 

I may delve into his results deeper.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.