Bourbon Podcasts?

Hawk13
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yeah low post number, longtime lurker. 😄 Long story short I got a new phone and was updating my podcast player.  I started searching Bourbon podcasts.  I searched here, it looks like it has been almost a year and half since the last podcast thread.  So...any suggestions for bourbon podcasts?  I don't listen to a lot as Pardon the Interruption and the Dan Patrick Show take up most of my time so I'd prefer not to wade through a bunch of different ones as I search, hence me asking if anyone has any favorites to help me shorten the search list?

I don't do the podcasts, but I watch the highlight youtube stuff.

I like the Mash n Drum Guy

the gang from Curiosity Public

Fred Minick

I can take some other stuff but in doses...

• I like it 1

Some of the folks on YouTube are fun and/or informative.   I like the Whiskey Vault and Chad 'n Sara.    The Mash and Journey guys are good at trying the oddball and craft stuff.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, Hawk13 said:

Yeah low post number, longtime lurker. 😄 Long story short I got a new phone and was updating my podcast player.  I started searching Bourbon podcasts.  I searched here, it looks like it has been almost a year and half since the last podcast thread.  So...any suggestions for bourbon podcasts?  I don't listen to a lot as Pardon the Interruption and the Dan Patrick Show take up most of my time so I'd prefer not to wade through a bunch of different ones as I search, hence me asking if anyone has any favorites to help me shorten the search list?

Without question, my favorite whiskey podcast is Bourbon Pursuit. I find their programs very informative, and the three gents (one of which is our very own @Fred Minnick) are extremely knowledgeable and well prepared. Their monthly rountables with other whiskey folks are a good listen, as are their industry interviews. They almost always pick smart topics that I’m interested in learning about. Give ‘em a spin and see what you think. 

• I like it 2

I enjoy Bourbon Pursuit, especially the Bourbon Community Roundatable episodes. 

Dads Drinking Bourbon is also good.

I've listened to My Bourbon Podcast and Podcaskers, but they're not really my thing. 

Though I've only watched one, I do like the Bourbon Pursuit.  I've watched a few others but some seem a little too over the top and get old (to me) pretty quick.  I prefer reviews, etc by someone who doesn't appear to be drunk or spends most of the show talking over the other fellow..    But that's just me

I appreciate the feedback so far.  I'm really looking more for podcasts than YouTube ideas as I listen as I drive.  Of course I could listen to YouTube as I drive too I guess.  I will check into Bourbon Pursuit.

• I like it 1

I second (third, fourth?) everyone who has said Bourbon Pursuit.  Great Podcast, and a variety of topics from the business aspects to their roundtables.

I also enjoy WhiskyCast, which runs the gamut of all whisky news.  Bourbon Lens is decent, but I tend to skip episodes sometimes. Not whiskey specific, but Binny's Barrel to Bottle has been fantastic over the past couple of years. Lastly, One Nation Under Whisky sometimes has great guests on (like Bruce Russell) which is worth keeping up on!

• I like it 1

Another vote for Bourbon Pursuit. I’ve been listening to them since 2017. In the beginning I didn’t know the podcast was actually Ryan’s baby. I just assumed it was Kenny’s and he let his friend Ryan tag along. Ryan kind of irked me at first but now he’s my favorite bourbon personality by far. He’s a normal no pretenses guy that loves bourbon. Very relatable. His dry humor gets me too. The round table guys are all great, especially Brian Haara. Minnick is on there too; meh.

• I like it 2

17 hours ago, CUfan99 said:

Another vote for Bourbon Pursuit. I’ve been listening to them since 2017. In the beginning I didn’t know the podcast was actually Ryan’s baby. I just assumed it was Kenny’s and he let his friend Ryan tag along. Ryan kind of irked me at first but now he’s my favorite bourbon personality by far. He’s a normal no pretenses guy that loves bourbon. Very relatable. His dry humor gets me too. The round table guys are all great, especially Brian Haara. Minnick is on there too; meh.

Another double thumbs up here.   I think all of the personalities balance themselves out very well.   Now I really dont like the hype about their own product, the fake Fred interviewing them is a shameless plug, but other than that is the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Bourbon Pursuit is on my list, but it's also the most serious (sometimes pretentious...) of the group.

If a bit of comedy is your thing, The Podcask is great.  I also tune in to Dad's Drinking Bourbon, Bourbon Lens, The Bourbon Life, and The Bourbon Road.  I commute over an hour every day, so I have a lot of time to listen.  I cherry pick episodes from each to throw on.  

There are some duds, like Bourbon With Friends and stuff from the ABV Network.  The quality of the production is just lacking, and the sound is often terrible.  

Bourbon Pursuit is still the best by me, just don't like when they launch into the Pursuit Series self promotion episodes when Fred narrates an interview with his buddies - just bad optics - and erodes the overall credibility of what should be the best podcast.

• I like it 1

On 8/27/2021 at 5:41 PM, Hawk13 said:

PTI? If you're looking for a podcast and aren't already a Little, then I'd suggest the Tony Kornheiser Show. For a Bourbon Pod I'll echo the Bourbon Pursuit votes. Not only do I enjoy the Roundtables, but the guest interview episodes are very informative. Apple's app also allows you to search for guests who've appeared on episodes as well. Just as an example, if you wanted to know more about Maker's Mark, search for Bill Samuels and it will pull up any Podcast he was a guest on.

Edited by BDanner

The problem with most bourbon podcasts is that most of them are too damned long.  Especially Bourbon Pursuit.  It's really a great show but I don't bother anymore because the time commitment just drives me away.

I'm waiting for a weekly recurring show by a talented, concise communicator who is disciplined enough to keep it to 30 minutes.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

The problem with most bourbon podcasts is that most of them are too damned long.  Especially Bourbon Pursuit.  It's really a great show but I don't bother anymore because the time commitment just drives me away.

I'm waiting for a weekly recurring show by a talented, concise communicator who is disciplined enough to keep it to 30 minutes.

I'd be in for that!  

On 9/21/2021 at 7:28 PM, Kepler said:

Yes. I'm not the kind of person who can listen to a podcast while doing something else. One of the two things gets ignored while I concentrate on the other. While I like BP I just don't have free chinks of time like that on a consistent basis.

I think ADHD Whiskey is my fave on YouTube along with Bourbon Junkies... Matt from ADHD is hilarious, does not take himself too seriously, is self deprecating  but also has a really good palate... Doesn't usually drag bad whiskeys through the mud but will give an honest assessment on buy or not.

• 3 weeks later...

I was on a road trip not too long ago and listened to hours of Blue Collar Bourbon... Dedicated to blind taste tests and mostly under 50 bucks.... Funny guys and and just seems good spirited... Plus the terminology they use isn't oversophisticated for just the purposes of being that.

A great lesser known podcast is Bourbon and Stuff. They do no frill reviews with a lot of information upfront. Highly recommended 

I've recently been enjoying the SLB Basement Bourbon Bar shows on You Tube,  where the host,  who talks with casual knowledge like a classic barkeep, has a taste in whiskey that is very close to my own.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.