Finally

Big Rick
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have wished that the HH BIB was available in my area for a long time. Today I was at my favorite store chatting with one of the guys about a new bourbon they got in and lamented about The HH BIB not being available. He said we have it in the back for special customers, want one?   OH YEAH!   Can't wait to taste it :)

heaven hill BIB.jpg

• I like it 5

15 hours ago, Big Rick said:

I have wished that the HH BIB was available in my area for a long time. Today I was at my favorite store chatting with one of the guys about a new bourbon they got in and lamented about The HH BIB not being available. He said we have it in the back for special customers, want one?   OH YEAH!   Can't wait to taste it :)

heaven hill BIB.jpg

I really want to get ahold of one of these but ironically I don't think they are distributed in KY... I hope this has changed but I haven't seen it on the shelf.

Never seen this my part of the world.   How does it compare (age, mashbill, taste/quality) with the new 90 -proof  Evan Williams Small Batch,  which I recently saw for the first time?   

I passed on this based on the principle of the removal of the HH6yr green label.  However, for the right price and a little desperation I'd cave.

On 9/28/2021 at 4:14 PM, Big Rick said:

heaven hill BIB.jpg

OK Big Rick -  You have had 2 days...What do you think of it?

3 minutes ago, callingtom said:

OK Big Rick -  You have had 2 days...What do you think of it?

Ah, the most important question.  

Was it worth all the pining away for your?

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Ah, the most important question.  

Was it worth all the pining away for your?

Sorry by the way....I mean't Rich.

I found 1 last night and wanted to hear your thoughts before I cracked it.

Sorry for the delay, I'll try to answer all questions now. As for what else they have back there, Mostly things they want to save for people that would truly appreciate it like  Weller 12 etc. I've not had the EW small batch 90 so I can't offer an opinion. So I tasted right after I posted and I like it a lot. It is definitely a sipper neat in my opinion. I am having a taste right now as I grill a couple fillets. Was it worth the pining? Sure ;)

• I like it 2

1 hour ago, Big Rick said:

Sorry for the delay, I'll try to answer all questions now. As for what else they have back there, Mostly things they want to save for people that would truly appreciate it like  Weller 12 etc. I've not had the EW small batch 90 so I can't offer an opinion. So I tasted right after I posted and I like it a lot. It is definitely a sipper neat in my opinion. I am having a taste right now as I grill a couple fillets. Was it worth the pining? Sure ;)

In the end, that is all that matters.  You found something you wanted and you enjoy it.

• I like it 4

I was a bit surprised that it was so sweet as it had a high rye content  rather than a wheated mash.

7 hours ago, Big Rick said:

I was a bit surprised that it was so sweet as it had a high rye content  rather than a wheated mash.

It has been my experience, that young Bourbon usually is sweet, due to the corn & lack of age. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.