THICK RICH MAPLE ALMOND VANILLA YUM!!!???

brian12069
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hopefully some of you can help. I enjoy bourbons that have that real rich flavor...tastes like firey maple syrup to me. I have gotten this flavor from Rip Van Winkle 10 & 15 year and most recently from old Fitzgerald 1849. Anyone know of others that have that flavor? drink.gif

Give W.L. Weller 12 year a try, it's a wheated bourbon as well and I put it right up there with the Van Winkles...

Give W.L. Weller 12 year a try, it's a wheated bourbon as well and I put it right up there with the Van Winkles...

I second that! The Weller 12 yo is one of my favorites...rich and complex and flavorful!

I don't know about almond, but I definitely get maple and a little bit of vanilla from our JB Bicentennial, which is very similar to JB Black (We were guided to this similarity by the much more knowledgable Bourbonians here. We haven't bought a new bottle of JB Black to compare first hand, but we feel we're reading bourbon gospel on this forum).

I don't know about almond, but I definitely get maple and a little bit of vanilla from our JB Bicentennial, which is very similar to JB Black (We were guided to this similarity by the much more knowledgable Bourbonians here. We haven't bought a new bottle of JB Black to compare first hand, but we feel we're reading bourbon gospel on this forum).

I guess almond wasn't a good flavor to use...lol..but you get the idea...thanks for these posts...I am going to try some in the coming weeks.

Oh, I don't think there's anything wrong with using "almond" as a flavor descriptor; I was just saying I get maple and a little vanilla from JB Bicentennial/JB Black.

I should also throw out that tasting notes are not my strong suit. I'm much better at enjoying than describing. smile.gif

Try Old Weller Antique, it has a lot of the flavors you describe.

Hank

I have a bottle of this and you are right

Last night I got this nice thick maple flavor from a 7 year old Weller...very nice.

In fact, I also find it prominently in the basic W.L. Weller Special Reserve 7yo.

Tim

Last night I got this nice thick maple flavor from a 7 year old Weller...very nice.

Since I'm still new at this relative to so many of you, I just love it when somebody agrees with me. Makes me want to press on and keep tasting. (Okay, I've talked myself into it!)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.