Anyone head of Butcher's Bourbon?

MikeF
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A local store has "Butcher's Bourbon 12 Year Old Prime Cut Single Barrel Tennessee Straight Bourbon Whiskey" (149.1 Proof) for $53 and I am tempted to give it a shot.  Anyone have any knowledge to share on this product?  The bottle says "Bottled by Dumplin Creek Distillery  Sevierville, TN"

They have to at least list the state of origin (where it was made) on the label.  It seems that George Dickel has been doing a brisk business selling whiskey to people that want to bottle something under their own brand name.  So TN on the label means probably made by Dickel.  

$53 seems like a good deal for 12 years old and 149.1 proof.  I'd be tempted.

Go to page 50 of the Bourbon in the Movies thread.  Look for the post about 2/3 down the page of a scene from Mystery Train which was set and filmed in Memphis, TN.  Maybe just a coincidence but Butcher's might have a history in TN.

I grabbed a bottle without reading the label and when I got home I found that it is only 92 proof so I'm a bit disappointed as I thought I had found something unique.  The store has agreed to accept the return, they have removed the item from their website.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:03 PM, dean_martin said:

Go to page 50 of the Bourbon in the Movies thread.  Look for the post about 2/3 down the page of a scene from Mystery Train which was set and filmed in Memphis, TN.  Maybe just a coincidence but Butcher's might have a history in TN.

Haha I came here to post the same clip I put there.  I assumed Butchers was a made up brand but now I’m thinking along the same line as you.

Edit: did a little googling doesn’t seem to be a revived Memphis brand.

• I like it 1

• 4 months later...
On 11/18/2021 at 5:05 AM, PaulO said:

They have to at least list the state of origin (where it was made) on the label.  It seems that George Dickel has been doing a brisk business selling whiskey to people that want to bottle something under their own brand name.  So TN on the label means probably made by Dickel.  

$53 seems like a good deal for 12 years old and 149.1 proof.  I'd be tempted.

Yeah, that's good! I gone start my own business selling whiskey but meanwhile I need to do  secretary of state business name search to make sure I had a new brand name which is not  duplicate to the one almost a brand.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.