Dickel 13 yr BIB - AITA?- happy camper

B.B. Babington
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Dickel 13 year BIB was plentiful but now getting more difficult to find.  Though I'm not Dickel fan, I bought over 5 cases (over 60 bottles) and glad I did.  Already downed a case.  This is good stuff for the moola.  Now here's where I'm calling you out.  If you've not bought a bottle, you need to rethink why you're on this board.  I've had this side-by-side with about everything, and it holds up.  It slams most stuff.  In my neck it's mere $45 - bargain.  I might get another case.

I agree it's great stuff,  and I too have some bunkered (although "some" in my case means a single bottle plus one from the original release two years ago).

A stone cold bargain and delicious.   The latest iteration, IMO, is the best one.

6 minutes ago, Jazzhead said:

A stone cold bargain and delicious.   The latest iteration, IMO, is the best one.

a 13 year of anything at this price is bargain.  Sure, it's not for everybody, but it should at least be in bunker for comparison purposes and to know what it is.  

I brought this dickel back up because over and over again when I drink dickel 13 side by side with other favorites, the dickel comes out on top

• I like it 2

3 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

a 13 year of anything at this price is bargain.  Sure, it's not for everybody, but it should at least be in bunker for comparison purposes and to know what it is.  

I brought this dickel back up because over and over again when I drink dickel 13 side by side with other favorites, the dickel comes out on top

It is fantastic bourbon;  it's just shy of being a corn whiskey and the age just dials up the sweet complexity.    And I'll borrow the word from my Budweiser bottle -  Dickel has a "drinkability" that's unmatched.   Whenever I open one,  I just keep nipping at it like a fiend  'til it's gone.

• I like it 2

I can’t tell if the first post was a recommendation, a threat, or both, but whatever it was, it worked.  I picked up a bottle of this tonight and just cracked it.

The 13yr BIB is my first taste of anything Dickel, for those more experienced, how does this compare to the 8yr?

2F5DE5F2-C3E5-440E-8E78-9A560BFAFFDF.jpeg

The BiB is great but the 15 yr barrel proof SiBs are another level.  Don't let the low proofs on those fool you.  They are flavor bombs.  Well worth the $55 they go for out here. 

• I like it 3

My local Costco has the Dickel 13 BIB for $39.99. I picked up a few but need to try.  Same store also has Wild Turkey Rare Breed rye for $49.  It is fantastic!  

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.