Turkey Day Turkey

Phil T
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Every year on Thanksgiving, I open a WT, like a lot of us. I'm my case, it is a vintage Turkey. This year, I have solicited the opinion of several family members to help determine what I will open. I have yet to make a decision. Among my options are 8yr, 12yr, WTKS including pewter top, and barrel proof. I'll post a picture when we make a decision!

Post your drink here!!

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Phil T said:

Every year on Thanksgiving, I open a WT, like a lot of us. I'm my case, it is a vintage Turkey. This year, I have solicited the opinion of several family members to help determine what I will open. I have yet to make a decision. Among my options are 8yr, 12yr, WTKS including pewter top, and barrel proof. I'll post a picture when we make a decision!

Post your drink here!!

Prost!!  Phil 

We are popping a Russel's 13!   Cannot wait!

• I like it 4

Can't claim to be opening anything new, but planning to enjoy a pour of my own Turkey creation:  WTRB 'finished' with a port-infused 'time & oak' for a couple of weeks.  I've used standard T&O sticks infused with tawny port in several bottles (LOVED what it did to a Talisker Storm), and this turned out really well.  

Happy Thanksgiving SB!

IMG_20211125_100914.thumb.jpg.90476d94aa5126aa4a5d87161a7d8dc1.jpg

• I like it 7

26 minutes ago, Kjbarth said:

Nothing vintage, just plain old WT101. A little turkey with the turkey. Happy Thanksgiving!

E9807A85-E436-4D49-AACF-D712AB3C5501.thumb.jpeg.244ea0839dd76f59409721e62aab6f48.jpegE9DED379-2850-4D01-A3E7-C93CB26F7101.thumb.jpeg.cc1d0c14a165ad50993a8fa1a25396ea.jpeg

As it should be. 

• I like it 4

This is the oldest Turkey I have in the bunker. The original 17 year. :)

B506B59F-A8EA-49E8-ABA7-A31646112F11.jpeg

Edited by mal00768
  • I like it 5

I had a wonderful drink this afternoon. We were watching the dog show, and it struck me to have a bourbon. Since it was Thanksgiving Day, I decided to choose something special. Digging back in my cabinet, I found a bottle of Rock Hill Farms. It must have been from around 2000-2005. And it was amazing. Rich with strong spicy notes. I haven't had anything that good for years.

Happy Thanksgiving, or what's left of it, everyone!

Edited by ratcheer
Typo
  • I like it 6

The family decided they didn’t want turkey (wanted prime rib as main meat), so I had to get my turkey  fill in somehow. Went with a drinkthrough of various Wild Turkey bottles instead. 

935A6C9D-79A2-41A8-A657-EAC566712D0E.jpeg

• I like it 10

55 minutes ago, ratcheer said:

I had a wonderful drink this afternoon. We were watching the dog show, and it struck me to have a bourbon. Since it was Thanksgiving Day, I decided to choose something special. Digging back in my cabinet, I found a bottle of Rock Hill Farms. It must have been from around 2000-2005. And it was amazing. Rich with strong spicy notes. I haven't had anything that goo0d for years.

Happy Thanksgiving, or what's left of it, everyone!

I love football.  I love bourbon.  But, I love dogs even more than both.  We watched the dog show as well.  Claire the Scottish Deerhound won for the second year in a row!  I was still able to watch the exciting - I am being facetious - end to the Bears-Lions game.  In the words of StuGotz, "Andy "Freakin' Dalton."  

A 100 proof version of the AA profile from the early '00s.  Stellar selection!

• I like it 3

48 minutes ago, apt43bear said:

The family decided they didn’t want turkey (wanted prime rib as main meat), so I had to get my turkey  fill in somehow. Went with a drinkthrough of various Wild Turkey bottles instead. 

935A6C9D-79A2-41A8-A657-EAC566712D0E.jpeg

Awesome!  Did you have a preference on this day?

• I like it 1

Happy Turkey day y’all.  I’m doing my part.  Have some of the 13 year export from a sample in my glass and enjoying these below.  No pewter top WTKS though.

8D391C6B-231A-4DD5-9047-145A8D5D4789.jpeg

Edited by HoustonNit
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, mbroo5880i said:

Awesome!  Did you have a preference on this day?

I can never go wrong with Rare Breed bourbon. I really enjoyed the Kentucky spirit - can’t say it is “worth” the premium over regular 101 but the flavors did pop a bit more, so maybe it was worth it haha.  Regular 101 though is so good for what it is. 

• I like it 3

This bottle was full this morning. Gobble gobble, ladies and gents. 

360F428E-343D-4610-B208-BF3B9EDDAC2D.jpeg

Edited by Rhettro
  • I like it 3

I'm having the standard WT 101.  I have to confess, I've never been able to bunker any of the fancier versions.  Those get opened directly.  Years ago, I just happened to drop into a local store.  The two Mr. Russells were pouring samples of Master's Keep 17 and Decades. 🤩 Made my day.

• I like it 9

Just home from a great Turkey Day with the extended family. 

None of them are bourbon drinkers unfortunately. My normal go to would be WT101 or RB, but the family is very much about lower proof. Brought some RR10 to share and it was quite nice.

• I like it 4

Of course,  the cork was a dried out, crumbly mess!! And since we are in a hotel for a couple nights, I've had to improvise on the straining process. I hope everyone enjoyed their day yesterday. 

Prost!!  Phil 

• I like it 4

Revival has become my Thanksgiving pour and doling it out this way is making it last a bit longer than it otherwise might, damn delicious!!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.