Blue Run Golden Rye

MJWP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Juts cracked my bottle last night and really enjoyed it.  I thought is tasted a bit unique and it certainly was smooth .  Some may not find the value in a $99 bottle but I like it better than Peerless which is close in price . 

• 4 weeks later...

So nobody on here has tried their Rye ? I'm a little surprised .  They just released a High Rye apparently also. 

Took a long time to track this one down at retail… it was one of the most interesting pours at WhiskyFest NYC (sampling while talking with Todd Leopold and Nicole Austin certainly boosted the experience as well).

----------------------

Sorry, no photo-- I've once again exceeded my SB.com limit. Dang.

• I like it 3

2 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Took a long time to track this one down at retail… it was one of the most interesting pours at WhiskyFest NYC (sampling while talking with Todd Leopold and Nicole Austin certainly boosted the experience as well).

----------------------

Sorry, no photo-- I've once again exceeded my SB.com limit. Dang

I feel like if one can fill a server with ones collection, one should get some extra space. Again

Edited by Mattk

So, sweet notes of honey and nutmeg on the nose, lighter dill and cherries. The first sip is a bit bitter, a bit leathery and quickly fades to heavy dry baking spices. The finish is pleasant, a bit maltier then I'd remembered, with those dry spices lingering over the center of my tongue for a mouthwateringly long time.

With that said I just got over covid, and finally wanted to have a proper pour. YMMV. Cheers.

IMG_20211228_172502.jpg

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.