Penelope Toasted Barrel

MJWP
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just acquired a bottle and first impressions are that its very , very tasty .  At 56.3 ABV its got some bite but I really like these toasted barrel bourbons . Anyone else tried it ? 

Yes, my reaction was very much the opposite-- this "Louisiana Select" release (56.4% ABV) was vile. I gifted it to my Brother-in-Law over Thanksgiving.

IMG_7102.thumb.jpg.66c12cd288a5c690e936d244b77f29a2.jpg

• I like it 1

59 minutes ago, Marekv8 said:

Yes, my reaction was very much the opposite-- this "Louisiana Select" release (56.4% ABV) was vile. I gifted it to my Brother-in-Law over Thanksgiving.

Hey everyones Palate differs ! cheers.  Mine was a Canada Select. 

I have an open bottle of the Penelope Toasted series,  finished in a #1 char toasted barrel selected by Wegman's.   Count me as a fan,  both of the regular Barrel Strength and this toasted variant.   I'm glad to see the age gradually creeping upwards with each batch.   Good MPG juice, well blended.

• I like it 1

On 12/5/2021 at 4:11 PM, Marekv8 said:

I just opened one myself and it was, to me, surprisingly very good from the start. I find that most Penelope's are almost undrinkable when you first open them but are unreal like a week later. Don't be afraid to dive back into it after it's been open for a couple of weeks.

My Penelope Toasted Profile was:

Char #2, Toast: Medium, Aged: 46 Months

• I like it 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm very much enjoying my bottle of Canada Select more and more each pour . Cheers everyone ! 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.