Kentucky Bourbon Benefit auction is live

steven s
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Four Roses donating an epic barrel pick. 8 to choose from, ages between 18-24 years old.

• I like it 6

With all our collective grumbling over the past several years about availability and price hikes - maybe some good finally comes from it for these people in time of need.

• I like it 4

A private barrel selection of Willett 19yr old just got added to the auction. Jeebus - get out the popcorn.

Looking at the bids, two things strike me as interesting.

One, there are some really generous people.  First people donating big $$ for some of these bottles.  This isn't tater or secondary stuff.  This is human compassion and helping others.

Two, while nothing special even some bottles in my bunker could help others.  I have some of the bottles or similar bottles in the auction.  I had assumed most of the bottles, distillery packages, etc. were donated by distilleries and retailers.  However, I am curious whether individuals are also donating bottles.  

• I like it 1

11 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Looking at the bids, two things strike me as interesting.

One, there are some really generous people.  First people donating big $$ for some of these bottles.  This isn't tater or secondary stuff.  This is human compassion and helping others.

Two, while nothing special even some bottles in my bunker could help others.  I have some of the bottles or similar bottles in the auction.  I had assumed most of the bottles, distillery packages, etc. were donated by distilleries and retailers.  However, I am curious whether individuals are also donating bottles.  

Yes, a lot of individuals are donating bottles including a lot of members from my group. I donated 4 bottles that are barrel picks we did. The Governor of Kentucky even donated a bottle.

• I like it 6

13 hours ago, flahute said:

And just like that the Willett barrel is up to $210K. Not kidding.

Is that for a whole barrel or just one bottle?  Amazing either way..

1 hour ago, fosmith said:

Is that for a whole barrel or just one bottle?  Amazing either way..

Whole barrel plus picking experience from the description. And it’s at $270,000 now. 

Kudos to all of the people/business/distilleries that have donated and to everyone who has bid on the items so far.

Such a great response to a true need!  Everyone associated with bourbon should be proud.

• I like it 3

14 new items have been added and they are special.

Somehow 14 bottles of bourbon from Carr's Steak House survived even though the brick building was completely leveled. The owner of Carr's donated these bottles to the auction.

It has been decided that half the proceeds from these bottles will go to the 29 employees who are now out of a job.

https://kybourbon.com/industry-news/bourbon-bottles-that-survived-mayfield-tornado-donated-to-kentucky-bourbon-benefit/

You know, I consider myself pretty well off.  Then I see this and I find myself wondering a few things…

First, the bids are both outrageous and heartwarming at the same time.  These people affected by the devastation in Kentucky are deserving of all the help we can give them, and right or wrong I feel more compelled this time of year to give to those in need than maybe I do at other times.  But I’m donating with zero expectation that I’ll get anything in return.

Second, these people with the high bids must not be married.  My wife would cut off my left nut if I spent that kind of money.  Given that she already owns my other one, I’d be a unich.  Come to think of it, I’m basically that anyway.

Lastly, did I mention that I’m a unich?

2 hours ago, DanP said:

Second, these people with the high bids must not be married.  My wife would cut off my left nut if I spent that kind of money.  Given that she already owns my other one, I’d be a unich eunuch.  Come to think of it, I’m basically that anyway.

Lastly, did I mention that I’m a unich eunuch?

FIFY!  😉

Hey DanP,

Welcome to the bestest forum on Bourbon and other spirits.   Even though English is not my native language, my ancestors had a bunch of these guys hanging (or not)  around the Forbidden City, ya' know.  They even kept the removed parts, often in jade jars, so they could be buried as a "whole" man.  TMI, eh?  🤣

Four Roses barrel brought $278k and Four Roses decided to sell a second one to the second highest bidder. Incredible.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.