Columbus Trip Recommendations?

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Heading to Columbus next Wednesday/Thursday for a short getaway with the Mrs. Any suggestions on where to stop? Hoping I can run back into some OWA.

Thanks,

2 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

Heading to Columbus next Wednesday/Thursday for a short getaway with the Mrs. Any suggestions on where to stop? Hoping I can run back into some OWA.

Thanks,

You will have to wait in a line - some of which are forming 1-6 hours before the "truck" arrives depending on what is being released each week.  Then the taters take over and devour the weekly delivery.

I would suggest OHLQ reditt for more details.   Its gotten really crazy - but would be the only way to get weller in Ohio.

SIGH

Just now, geclbxf said:

You will have to wait in a line - some of which are forming 1-6 hours before the "truck" arrives depending on what is being released each week.  Then the taters take over and devour the weekly delivery.

I would suggest OHLQ reditt for more details.   Its gotten really crazy - but would be the only way to get weller in Ohio.

SIGH

Sorry - hit enter too soon.   Message me for more details - I have never done it, but the shocking details are an interesting read and I can probably point you in the right direction.   More importantly, there are some great bars, I can certainly help with those too.

Thanks I'm not just looking for Weller tho, any decent store(s) will do.

Appreciate all the suggestions!

On my trip to KY back last summer, we stopped at High Bank Distillery there in Columbus and had a fantastic time. The Master Distiller took us on a personal tour and let us sample a ton of tasty spirits. Their gin is maybe the best I’ve ever had. 

The whiskey we had was really quite good. They had just won a gold medal at the SF Spirits Competition (or whatever it’s called) for their Barrel Proof bourbon, which is a blend of MGP and house distillate. Liked enough to buy a bottle on the way out. 

I highly recommend a stop-in if you have the time, my friend.  

Edited by Rhettro
  • I like it 1

45 minutes ago, Rhettro said:

On my trip to KY back last summer, we stopped at High Bank Distillery there in Columbus and had a fantastic time. The Master Distiller took us on a personal tour and let us sample a ton of tasty spirits. Their gin is maybe the best I’ve ever had. 

The whiskey we had was really quite good. They had just won a gold medal at the SF Spirits Competition (or whatever it’s called) for their Barrel Proof bourbon, which is a blend of MGP and house distillate. Liked enough to buy a bottle on the way out. 

I highly recommend a stop-in if you have the time, my friend.  

Cheers Rhett, we gotta catch up soon!

• I like it 1

On 12/22/2021 at 10:08 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Thanks I'm not just looking for Weller tho, any decent store(s) will do.

Appreciate all the suggestions!

All within a few minutes of each other

Grandview Yards Market District

Weilands

Arena Wine and Spirits

Kingsdale Market District

2 hours ago, geclbxf said:

All within a few minutes of each other

Grandview Yards Market District

Weilands

Arena Wine and Spirits

Kingsdale Market District

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, thanks!

3 hours ago, PhantomLamb said:

You sir are a gentleman and a scholar, thanks!

Also - go to Fado in Dublin for a drink.

• 3 weeks later...

Kroger in grandview

be there at 9am on Wednesday, don’t bother any other time. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.