SAOS new bottle style

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sorry if discussed already. Saw a drastic change to the SAOS bottles recently. Almost a squat bottle. Is this a permanent change? Across all of their offerings?

2 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Sorry if discussed already. Saw a drastic change to the SAOS bottles recently. Almost a squat bottle. Is this a permanent change? Across all of their offerings?

Their website still shows the tall bottles so I'm guessing they had a glass issue and had to temporarily use these. Do you have a photo?

Here in Pennsy it is quickly replacing the tall bottles,  for both SAOS and Contradiction.    I do not like the change,  and glad I have at least one tall one bunkered.   I was going to pick up another tall one today,   but the State Store had Belle Meade Sour Mash on sale for the same price,  so I went that way for my MGP daily drinker.    I had a pour at a bar in Cottonwood,  AZ  a week or so ago,  and dug the vanilla.     

• I like it 1

Yeah,  I'm not a fan either.

Love the wine bottles.  Tall and narrow means more bottles on my "opens" shelf.

Do we really just not like change?  I have quite a few stored bottles.  Not as many as I used to have but enough to make anyone not on SB give me weird looks.  What I find annoying is any odd shaped bottles.  Oddly wide (looking at you Willet Pot Still) or oddly tall like SA, High West, or even BTAC (not much of that for me to worry about though). Having to place unusually large amounts of space between shelves is as annoying as too few bottles on a shelf.  I have to think that liquor store owners share this frustration.  I personally like the change.  I feel the same way about the WTKS change (blasphemous, I know).  Storing all the stuff is a little bit like a game of Tetris some times and the game is a lot easier with just square blocks. 

• I like it 2

53 minutes ago, BigRich said:

Do we really just not like change?  I have quite a few stored bottles.  Not as many as I used to have but enough to make anyone not on SB give me weird looks.  What I find annoying is any odd shaped bottles.  Oddly wide (looking at you Willet Pot Still) or oddly tall like SA, High West, or even BTAC (not much of that for me to worry about though). Having to place unusually large amounts of space between shelves is as annoying as too few bottles on a shelf.  I have to think that liquor store owners share this frustration.  I personally like the change.  I feel the same way about the WTKS change (blasphemous, I know).  Storing all the stuff is a little bit like a game of Tetris some times and the game is a lot easier with just square blocks. 

I do like how my blantons, stagg jr, and hancocks can be tucked away in the short shelf. Maybe youre onto something

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, BigRich said:

I'm totally with you here.  I delay opening tall bottles like Eagle Rare, New Riff, EHT, etc. because they don't fit in my liquor cabinet; I have to leave them out on the kitchen counter, which I don't like to do.  My plan for the future is to remove the labels from bottles of something like EW BiB and decant tall bottles into them so I can drink what I want when I want. 

I like the taller bottles now but only because I had my shelves spaced to accommodate them.  There was a time when I had that same problem though.

Overall I like the "intermediately tall" shaped bottles best (like WT, Old Tub, OF1920, Mellow Corn) because they offer the best combination of small footprint while also not being too tall for storage.

I agree the new SAOS bottle just don't look right.  Something about the old SAOS wine bottles...

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.