Online liquor sites

Ark2022
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello all. New member here from Arkansas. I’m wondering about some of these online sites like frootbat and wooden cork, etc. What are your experiences with these sites? Are they legitimate? I guess I’m wondering if it’s safe and ok to order from these places, as I’ve never ordered liquor online. I’m having a really hard time finding some of the nicer allocated bourbons here locally. Any experiences and reviews would be much appreciated! Thanks! 

15 hours ago, Ark2022 said:

Hello all. New member here from Arkansas. I’m wondering about some of these online sites like frootbat and wooden cork, etc. What are your experiences with these sites? Are they legitimate? I guess I’m wondering if it’s safe and ok to order from these places, as I’ve never ordered liquor online. I’m having a really hard time finding some of the nicer allocated bourbons here locally. Any experiences and reviews would be much appreciated! Thanks! 

At a minimum, pay with a credit (not debit) card so you can get a charge back if the transaction was fraudulent.  And there are other red flags to look out for: ridiculously unrealistic pricing, unicorn availability, grammatical errors, etc. that indicate scam sites set up in foreign countries.. 

• I like it 2

7 hours ago, fosmith said:

At a minimum, pay with a credit (not debit) card so you can get a charge back if the transaction was fraudulent.  And there are other red flags to look out for: ridiculously unrealistic pricing, unicorn availability, grammatical errors, etc. that indicate scam sites set up in foreign countries.. 

Great advice!

I am 1/1 on a frootbat transaction for what it's worth.

I’ll admit it.

I had to look up what “frootbat” is.

I made it exactly this far.

😳😳😳

Are people really paying $77 for airplane bottles of Blanton’s now?

Like are they actually selling?

I used to be slightly upset when they weren’t on sale for $10 at Kroger in KY.

I think I’ll have to remind some of my friends that I gave them $77 gifts a few years back. 😂

0CF6C126-A678-4EC2-96A2-18BB7EA73EA7.jpeg

Edited by 0895
  • I like it 2

4 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I’ll admit it.

I had to look up what “frootbat” is.

I made it exactly this far.

😳😳😳

Are people really paying $77 for airplane bottles of Blanton’s now?

Like are they actually selling?

I used to be slightly upset when they weren’t on sale for $10 at Kroger in KY.

I think I’ll have to remind some of my friends that I gave them $77 gifts a few years back. 😂

0CF6C126-A678-4EC2-96A2-18BB7EA73EA7.jpeg

Wow just wow.  50ml.

"Frootbat " .... pronounced suspiciously similar to "Fubar"...

• I like it 6

Your first step is to figure out if your state is actually shippable.  Probably not.  Many stores that ship rely on wine exemptions to ship hard alcohol.  That's a very loose interpretation and not defensible if the authorities push the issue.  Shops want to make money and serve customers and are willing to try to find creative ways around the law.  There are very few legal exploits.  What happens is don't ask don't tell and keep your fingers crossed that everything works out.  Most of the time things work out.  If things go bad the store will either take a loss and provide good customer service because it's the right thing to do and they want to keep their customers happy or they'll revert to the one sided terms of sale you agreed to when you placed the order.  Those terms of sale put everything on you.  They transfer ownership to you as soon as your charge clears regardless of the fact you may be thousands of miles away and the product is still in their hands.  They make you buy insurance.  That insurance doesn't pay you, it pays the shipper for lost or damaged goods.  If the shipper is illegally shipping alcohol insurance might not pay.  You might get a refund.  You might not.  Bottom line is you spends your money and you takes your chances.  

Those difficult to find sought after bottles are unlikely to be found online for reasonable prices.  Be wary of anything that seems too good to be true.  You aren't buying the annually released stuff for MSRP from some random store in some random place and getting it shipped to you.  Those days are long gone.  

Seems that would take all of the fun out of the hunt and the relationships/experiences gained during that process. I briefly glanced at the Wooden Cork site and got nauseous.

I've been spirits seeking in Arkansas and feel your pain-- maybe some traveling is in order.

several sites like wooden cork claim to have stock of pappiez, etc., and at consistent extreme prices. Fun to look at. I wonder about the source of all these though. Even if someone were willing to spend that kind of $ (certainly not me), I wonder if they would provide the laser-code-thing prior to purchase?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.