Is OGD 114 MIA near you?

lemonman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In looking back on this thread,  @GeeTen might be partly to blame for the shortage of OGD 114. It seems that Frank has been touting his GWFG a bit more lately. 🤔😂🥃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 4

I stopped by a few places today and it seems to be reappearing (in mass) in the Motherland.

• I like it 2

I have been away from the board for a while so if this has been discussed I apologize in advance, but I love Old Grand Dad 114 and it seems to be unavailable everywhere I look.  I hope it hasn't been discontinued.  Does anyone know why it so scarce?

• I like it 1

I recently bought a couple of bottles of OGD114 from K&L in SF.  $29.99/btl.  They had had it in stock for quite a while.  I just checked and it's sold out now, unfortunately. 

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, burghguy1 said:

I have been away from the board for a while so if this has been discussed I apologize in advance, but I love Old Grand Dad 114 and it seems to be unavailable everywhere I look.  I hope it hasn't been discontinued.  Does anyone know why it so scarce?

There was already a thread on this, so I merged them. No big deal, and all is well. Also, welcome back @burghguy1.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

It would be nice to know if the variable shortages are related to glassware issues as per the discussion in another thread, or something up with the brand. Hopefully it's just a shortage of bottles or corks.

• I like it 1

I've seen it occasionally in Jersey;  all Pennsy seems to ever have is OGDBIB.    I'm a happy boy these days because,  after an absolute drought for over six months,  the particular favorite I crave - Pikesville - seems to have returned to the shelves.  

• I like it 3

6 hours ago, lemonman said:

It would be nice to know if the variable shortages are related to glassware issues as per the discussion in another thread, or something up with the brand. Hopefully it's just a shortage of bottles or corks.

bottle/cork delays mean more age on the upcoming barrels?!!??

• I like it 5

I picked up a couple bottles last fall in VA and NC during our drive back fro the Outer Banks.  Never have seen it on the shelves in PA

6 stores in the last couple of days.  Nada.  FFS… 

Obviously, an afterthought on the Gulf Coast as I see it everyplace. In fact, it's on my list of purchases coming up in trying to build a rapport with a new LS. Prices still moderate...

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, markandrex said:

04AEB0D0-87C1-47A6-8B47-388A75165C7A.jpeg

I wonder if that's local markup, or Beam raised the price that much. Did you notice how much the OGD100 was? There's usually about a $5 difference here. Bonded is still $19-24 here.

• 3 weeks later...

From pa, 114 not available through our state website.  Used to be.  There isn’t even the 80 proof on the shelves, only the bonded.  The shelves in pa are bare right now and malfeasance of availability is ever present.  The only benefit is we will only ever get msrp.  Anyone who holds down a full-time job has no chance of getting anything “allocated”.  

• I like it 1

On 2/12/2022 at 5:57 PM, lemonman said:

I wonder if that's local markup, or Beam raised the price that much. Did you notice how much the OGD100 was? There's usually about a $5 difference here. Bonded is still $19-24 here.

I checked there today.  $23.99

• I like it 3

Still available here in mass quantities - BUT price has gone up, up, up!  $25.99 OTD.  Oh, the Horror . . . . . . . . . .  🤣

No need to panic yet - my supply of GW4G is safe for another summer.  😅

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 3

• 5 months later...

I dunno. I have seen it on my travels but I wasn't looking locally.

Truth be told, when I started getting too deep in to this, around 2014/2015 ish, I realised I loved OGD and bunkered about a case of the 114 as I like it and it is nearly barrel proof, at the time for about 25$ a bottle I think.

On 2/27/2022 at 9:46 PM, Matthew said:

From pa, 114 not available through our state website.  Used to be.  There isn’t even the 80 proof on the shelves, only the bonded.  The shelves in pa are bare right now and malfeasance of availability is ever present.  The only benefit is we will only ever get msrp.  Anyone who holds down a full-time job has no chance of getting anything “allocated”.  

The bonded was the bees knees last time I had it. It was some years back that I bought some but man was it good and punched above its weight

4 hours ago, Dannabis said:

Truth be told, when I started getting too deep in to this, around 2014/2015 ish, I realised I loved OGD and bunkered about a case of the 114 as I like it and it is nearly barrel proof, at the time for about 25$ a bottle I think.

4 hours ago, Dannabis said:

Welcome back.  Missed your posts the last year or so.  ON THREAD - 114 runs $27-32 in and around Wash DC.  Lately it’s been available.  The BIB has been MIA for awhile, but one of the better purveyors I frequent found some 1 liter BIBs for me.  Rumor has it that the wholesalers “like” the higher margins on the fancy ndp labels so OGD and other traditional bottom shelfers suffer.

DO YOUR PART!  BUY BOTTOM SHELFERS!!

• I like it 5

• 2 weeks later...

Seent it in DE for 26$  - $30

Seent it in VA for 26$

And I believe I seent in in KY for the same moneys

Seent OGD Bonded in DE, VA and KY also and just picked a liter up for 24$

I loves me some 114  but something about the BIB I was getting just tasted better to me.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.