Narrowed it down a bit.

Wrangler
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So since "getting into" Bourbon back in 2020, I've gone down the same road most of you have.  I started off with basic Bourbons like Maker's Mark, Jim Beam etc..

Now it's two years later and after tasting most everything on the shelves that I can afford, I've narrowed it down to just a few mainstays.

As it sits right now, my favorites, that is, the ones that I buy every time I buy Borbon, even if I'm trying something new, are as follows; Knob Creek 9yo, Evan Williams BIB, Woodford Reserve, Redemption and Maker's Mark or MM 46.

I'm quite sure these will always be in the licker cabinet and rest assured, I'll not be slacking when it comes to trying others as well.

Carry on!

• I like it 6

Welcome to the club. In my limited experience and waiting for the bubble to burst, contentment with the mainstays seems to be a key to success.

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, Wrangler said:

... and rest assured, I'll not be slacking when it comes to trying others as well....

kudos, keep up the good work

16 hours ago, flahute said:

Add WT101 and OF100 to your list.

And since you are digging the MM group; the MM101

• I like it 3

19 hours ago, flahute said:

Add WT101 and OF100 to your list.

3 hours ago, bayouredd said:

And since you are digging the MM group; the MM101

My top three most purchased bottles by far.  Both the WT101 and OF100 have also proven to make a killer BA cocktail.  I should try the MM101 sometime.  But I have a different wheater I may try for my next batch.

Edited by Bob_Loblaw
  • I like it 2

Personal preference, but I'd ditch the EWBiB for JW Dant.  I've heard and read they're the same thing, but I have blinded them a few times and I always choose the JW Dant.

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Shizzy said:

Personal preference, but I'd ditch the EWBiB for JW Dant.  I've heard and read they're the same thing, but I have blinded them a few times and I always choose the JW Dant.

1783 is nice as well in that spot

• I like it 2

9 hours ago, Shizzy said:

46 minutes ago, steven s said:

1783 is nice as well in that spot

I'll pitch in with the FC103 as well while we're at it.  But granted the bottle label is hideous.

• I like it 2

Just my $.02, but to me, the HH brands from the same mash bill come across somewhat different in the profile they seem to be going for.  My guess is with 67 warehouses in various locations, what comes off the still may diverge a bit in four years aging.

EW B.I.B. - buttered corn

JTS Brown - Cracker Jack

JW Dant - fresh rye bread from a bakery 

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.