How many bottles do you have?

igloo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

How many bottles of spirits do you have?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. How many bottles of spirits do you have?

• 0-20
    • 20-50
    • 50-100
    • 100-150
    • 150-200
    • 200-300
    • 300-400
    • 400-500
    • 500-750
    • 750-1000
    • 1000+

I was appreciating everyone’s collections from the “show us your stash” thread and I was wondering how many bottles of spirits everyone had. I’ll start off with over 400 and over half are bourbon/rye

• I like it 1

I just don't tell (178) my wife how many bottles (178) of bourbon I have.  It's better (178) if she doesn't know.  I make sure (178) that I always have some of the (178) ones she likes so she doesn't really (178) ask.

BTW, I have 178 bottles currently.  It was 180 until I killed off an OWA and a Baker's recently.

Edited by CardsandBourbon
  • I like it 6

Guns, flashlights, knives and bourbon, if you know how many you have, you don’t have enough!

Edited by markandrex
Punctuation
  • I like it 10

My answer is the same as I give my doctor when he asks how much I drink.

More than I should but less than you should be worried about.

• I like it 3

The question has me thinking, " How many bottles of bourbon and rye DO I have?"  But to answer it, I'd have to get out a ladder for the upper shelves, move some stuff near the furnace to get to some lower shelves, get the car keys so I can check the trunk and wheel well of my car, and open some boxes marked "Old clothes", etc.  If I throw in liqueurs, Irish, a few Scotch, and various aperitifs, we're talking a two day job.  Besides, a lot of the non-bourbon/rye stuff (other than the vermouths and gins) are things my wife had me buy so we could make some cocktail she'd read about.  After making two drinks, "it" went back in the liquor cabinet forever to oin the other one shot wonders.  I don't think I'd count those.  And what about decanters?  Do those count as bottles?

Bourbon and rye non-decanter only.  Going to go respond.

11 minutes ago, Harry in WashDC said:

The question has me thinking, " How many bottles of bourbon and rye DO I have?"  But to answer it, I'd have to get out a ladder for the upper shelves, move some stuff near the furnace to get to some lower shelves, get the car keys so I can check the trunk and wheel well of my car, and open some boxes marked "Old clothes", etc.  If I throw in liqueurs, Irish, a few Scotch, and various aperitifs, we're talking a two day job.  Besides, a lot of the non-bourbon/rye stuff (other than the vermouths and gins) are things my wife had me buy so we could make some cocktail she'd read about.  After making two drinks, "it" went back in the liquor cabinet forever to oin the other one shot wonders.  I don't think I'd count those.  And what about decanters?  Do those count as bottles?

Bourbon and rye non-decanter only.  Going to go respond.

But, think of the full body workout you will get, Harry.  😂 Just put on the theme from “Rocky” and you’ll rip right through it!

Joe.  Re: the workout.  Done and done as it was my turn to clean the utility/laundry room which is also the pantry.  Counted while I Wet Swiffered the linoleum floor.  Less than 150 bourbon/rye bottles. Another fifty or so liqueurs/vermouths/rums and gins are available for experimentation/concoction per recipes.  I wonder if I’ll live long enough to drink this stuff.  HECK!  I forgot to count the dozen or so vintage poets (edit - PORTS) dating to the early 1980s and one from 1975.  I wonder where I put those???

Edited by Harry in WashDC
  • I like it 2

"Who want's to know?", was the first thought that popped in my head.  Followed shortly by, "Who is this Igloo person?"  New account.  Is my wife confirming my statements, "It's actually not that much, babe" through polls on SB.com?  Diabolical!  Let's just put it this way.  No one is going to go thirsty in my household, guests included.  No matter how many pandemic sheltering in place mandates there are.  Cheers, Kari.  I mean, "Igloo".

• I like it 5

36 minutes ago, Shizzy said:

"Who want's to know?", was the first thought that popped in my head.  Followed shortly by, "Who is this Igloo person?"  New account.  Is my wife confirming my statements, "It's actually not that much, babe" through polls on SB.com?  Diabolical!  Let's just put it this way.  No one is going to go thirsty in my household, guests included.  No matter how many pandemic sheltering in place mandates there are.  Cheers, Kari.  I mean, "Igloo".

Heehee! 👍🏻  Of course, Igloo may become her permanent name to you if you get too cocky with her on this…just sayin’…🤣

Edited by smokinjoe
  • I like it 4

2 hours ago, Shizzy said:

LMAO!!  Hadn't thought about blackmailers!  We all so honest on thishere website that I figured somebody just be curious.

OTOH --  WIFE!  I only have the ones you see in the dining room.  And under my basement workbench.  Ignore that stuff on the laundry room shelves - it's plant food you put up there years ago and forgot about.

Just in case she reading.:ph34r:

• I like it 2

55 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Not near enough. I retired recently. 😬

Biba! Joe

Trust me on this - while my consumption has slowed down since retirement, the bottle collection has started "procreating".  How else to explain more bottles now than before COVID in spite of heavy damage to the bunker?  Like loaves and fishes, it shall grow.

• I like it 3

20 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

Heehee! 👍🏻  Of course, Igloo may become her permanent name to you if you get too cocky with her on this…just sayin’…🤣

HA!  

My wife has always been supportive of my hobby/whiskey obsession, but of late she's started to question purchases.  I don't know exactly, but I'd guess  in the low 500's of whiskey.  Definitely over 500 if we're counting all spirits.  Great majority bourbon/rye, but probably 70-80 Scotch/Irish/Japanese/Canadian, in that order.

• I like it 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm around 40 some odd of whiskey plus a couple gin and rum bottles. Trying to drink down some of my stock. 

finding the 0-20 in the poll interesting.  I went maybe 30 years at this level.  Often zero, sometimes 5, rarely more than 10.  It's not that I didn't appreciate taste, I'd buy and consume, whether it be JD, WT101, EC12, AAA (10 year of course).  I didn't do side-by-side or back-to-back often, so no need to stock big larder.  Buy JD and put it in pecan pies or EC12 mix with amaretto. Not so today, love SbS or B2B comparisons so keep lots of samples on hand ... at least that's my excuse to buy more.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.