BOTM 02/22 Four Roses Small Batch Select

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1 minute ago, BigRich said:

I’m no slouch in being able to take of myself but I don’t mess around with Jim. 😉

Heehee! You only mess with Jim if your name is Slim…😁

21 hours ago, BigRich said:

I’m no slouch in being able to take of myself but I don’t mess around with Jim. 😉

6407F9AF-7D22-478D-A6DB-1FC82EC61E24.thumb.jpeg.f64a5f7a20e55105974bf4471b699944.jpeg

• I like it 1

• 9 months later...

I bought one of these primarily due to seeing this thread.  I haven't drank a lot out of the bottle yet, but it started off as ok for me.  My most recent pours were significantly better, so I'm really liking this one.  I feel like it being non chill filtered is giving it a much thicker more viscous mouth feel.  I really like my whiskies thick and oily.  

• I like it 3

This is one I've only sampled through minis. I've enjoyed all 3 that I've had, though, and there are some borderline dusty notes for me in the limited tastings I've done. The low barrel entry proof - and maybe the lack of chill filtering - is probably the main thing I'm picking up on, with a really distinctly creamy, round mouthfeel I got out of glut-era Turkey and UD bottlings. That said, the other thing I think is throwing that dusty vibe is the combination of fruit and hard candy on the palate. Really good stuff. I'm due to pull the trigger on a bottle when the budget allows.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.