Won't Leave Without a Trace

Thomm
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just a little note of thanks to Paul O and PJ Mac who pointed me in the direction of Kroger or Meijer stores a while back when I said I was looking for BT products.  I passed through Indiana on I65 today on my way to South Carolina, and took their advice. 

In specific, I found that there was a Kroger and a Meijer in Greenwood, IN, and both were near enough to the interstate to warrant a side trip. 

Although both had somewhat decent selections, I came up empty in the Buffalo hunt. 

However, on my way back to I65, I remembered seeing a little shop called Superior Beverage #2 on Highway 31, so I sauntered in and discovered this handleless handle of reg'lar old Buffalo Trace for $44.99.  May not be exciting to most, but it tickles me because I just can't seem to find this stuff in my neck of the woods, and I have never tried it. 

As an aside, there was an end cap featuring KC 12 for $65 and KC 15 for an undetermined amount (I didn't ask). When I ruminated with the clerk on whether or not to pick up a KC 12, she directed me to an open bottle and invited me to try it!  

I now have a greater appreciation for Indiana and have bagged my first Buffalo. 

IMG_20220211_200032.jpg

• I like it 7

29 minutes ago, Thomm said:

Just a little note of thanks to Paul O and PJ Mac who pointed me in the direction of Kroger or Meijer stores a while back when I said I was looking for BT products.  I passed through Indiana on I65 today on my way to South Carolina, and took their advice. 

In specific, I found that there was a Kroger and a Meijer in Greenwood, IN, and both were near enough to the interstate to warrant a side trip. 

Although both had somewhat decent selections, I came up empty in the Buffalo hunt. 

However, on my way back to I65, I remembered seeing a little shop called Superior Beverage #2 on Highway 31, so I sauntered in and discovered this handleless handle of reg'lar old Buffalo Trace for $44.99.  May not be exciting to most, but it tickles me because I just can't seem to find this stuff in my neck of the woods, and I have never tried it. 

As an aside, there was an end cap featuring KC 12 for $65 and KC 15 for an undetermined amount (I didn't ask). When I ruminated with the clerk on whether or not to pick up a KC 12, she directed me to an open bottle and invited me to try it!  

I now have a greater appreciation for Indiana and have bagged my first Buffalo. 

Glad you found at least one bottle of BT @Thomm. Also and FWIW, you were in the general vicinity of my old stomping grounds from years ago. 😉 Just one more exit east on I-465 from I-65. 😎

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

I have lived in 7 states in my life and without a doubt the Hoosiers are great Midwestern folks.  Glad you got some Buffalo Trace in my back yard:}

• I like it 2

I'm glad you found a bottle of BT.

I noticed that with the grocery stores, they get a big shipment, then it gradually dwindles.

I'm glad you found Superior Beverage too.  They are probably my favorite local liquor store.  

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.