Kentucky Owl The Wiseman Bourbon

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 2/22/2022 at 7:38 AM, PhantomLamb said:

Did Stoli Group finally realize that selling subpar bourbon for $200+ is a bad idea?  Has anyone ever tried this?  At $50, I think I'd give it a shot.

I was thinking the same thing  but I found a review that said it was pretty ordinary.  Not bad just nothing to get excited about.  I decided to pass... 

I have been seeing these on the shelves of two different grocery chains for months.

I can't recall exact price, but maybe a bit less than some of the other KY Owl releases.  (They have some of those too.)

Here I get into my three major issues with most NDP brands.

1.)  What the heck is it.

2.)  Exactly why should I pay some big up charge.

3.)  I would try a free sample.  That's about it.  The only problem with that, if I liked it, how do I know next time it would be the same stuff, given it's sourced and not much transparency.

13 hours ago, fosmith said:

but I found a review that said it was pretty ordinary

Isn't something like 90% of what's on the shelf these days pretty ordinary?  At least to me. 

• I like it 4

2 hours ago, BigRich said:

Isn't something like 90% of what's on the shelf these days pretty ordinary?  At least to me. 

Yes.

6 hours ago, BigRich said:

First your poem submissions, and now this…Man, you need a vacation!  😂

• I like it 1

On 2/24/2022 at 8:24 AM, BigRich said:

Here's my left handed compliment to NDP brands.

If the product is sourced from one or more of KY's legacy distilleries - it's probably at least OK to drink.

But that bears the question - why wouldn't I just go buy the brands these legacy distillers bottle themselves (for a fraction of the price).

I saw Wiseman yesterday for <$40 before tax.  Still no interest.  In that price range I could get WTRB or FRSB.

• I like it 1

18 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

First your poem submissions, and now this…Man, you need a vacation!  😂

From your lips to God's ear my man. 

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.