Need help pricing two vintage bottles

Sihace98
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm a garbage man and you wouldn't believe what I find sometimes. I pulled up to a dumpster today and it was full of vintage and homemade liquor and it was all in boxes wrapped in newspaper. If I had known what some of this shit goes for I would have grabbed all of it instead of three bottles. One is Canadian club blended whiskey the other is ole grandad I was just interested if either were worth anything. Also the third bottle was a old Midori bottle but I just assumed it wasn't worth anything 

16455587403096276298689261847022.jpg

16455588114872531202133594051746.jpg

16455588867367038225430590372672.jpg

• I like it 1

We have a strict no buy/sell/trade policy here so valuation questions tend to go unanswered. Most of us will tell you to drink it.  
Otherwise there are a ton of Facebook groups out there that are more than happy to talk about worth.

We aren’t one of those buying, selling trading sites. Appraising bottles also isn’t a priority here. However, I can provide a couple of tasting notes. The CC is just fair. I drank plenty of it back in the day. The OGD is pretty good. Open ‘em up and let us know what you think. 

Flahute speaks truth, but please value my advice to please drink the Old Grand Dad.  That is National Distillers whiskey (now a closed distillery and currently made by Jim Beam).  It is very good.  Much different than the current iteration. If you are a bourbon drinker, trust me when I say that the enjoyment that you will experience from tasting that era of whiskey will be more than the price you might get in selling it, which honestly isn’t much.  

• I like it 6

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.