Heaven Hill Heritage Collection 17-Year-Old Barrel Proof Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

PhantomLamb
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

https://heavenhill.com/press-detail.php?postid=heaven-hill-distillery-launches-new-ultra-premium-heaven-hill-heritage-collection

Not surprising but definitely cool to see that HH has older stocks like this.  However, with KC adding back age statements and getting a 15yr for pretty much half price that's just slightly lower proof, I don't see the draw here.  For $175, I think I'd bite, but $275 is too rich for my blood.

• I like it 1

It’s also pretty frustrating that they used to have EC18 on the shelf all the time for like $60

• I like it 1

On 3/6/2022 at 9:29 AM, BottledInBond said:

It’s also pretty frustrating that they used to have EC18 on the shelf all the time for like $60

showing age.  I used to get EC18 pre-fire $35 and EC12 big jug pre-fire for almost free.  But then I remember $0.17 gasoline.

8 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

showing age.  I used to get EC18 pre-fire $35 and EC12 big jug pre-fire for almost free.  But then I remember $0.17 gasoline.

Yeah my days of drinking EC18 were only like 10 years ago

34 minutes ago, BottledInBond said:

Yeah my days of drinking EC18 were only like 10 years ago

this was different epoch.  EC18 was my standard for several years.  2 momentous weeks back to back, drank 2 EC18 & 1 GTS each week, so for 2 weeks that was 4 EC18 & 2 GTS.  that's when EC18 always oodles on shelf and no one wanted GTS 'cause it was too dang expensive, $68.99, according to receipt I dug out.  Also found receipt for yamazaki 12 for $42 and yamazaki 18 $125 (which was extreme dollar in that day).

• I like it 1

• 3 months later...
On 3/5/2022 at 10:33 PM, PhantomLamb said:

https://heavenhill.com/press-detail.php?postid=heaven-hill-distillery-launches-new-ultra-premium-heaven-hill-heritage-collection

Not surprising but definitely cool to see that HH has older stocks like this.  However, with KC adding back age statements and getting a 15yr for pretty much half price that's just slightly lower proof, I don't see the draw here.  For $175, I think I'd bite, but $275 is too rich for my blood.

IMO Heaven Hill might possibly have too much old aged stock.  Blasphemy I know.  I have a HH17 I got from my local that I haven't opened yet.  But for their other hyper-aged stuff (18 years and older) for my palate anyway, their whiskey doesn't age quite as well as others...

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, Kepler said:

IMO Heaven Hill might possibly have too much old aged stock.  Blasphemy I know.  I have a HH17 I got from my local that I haven't opened yet.  But for their other hyper-aged stuff (18 years and older) for my palate anyway, their whiskey doesn't age quite as well as others...

Let us know your thoughts on the HH17 - I agree on the HH27

• I like it 1

Are the HH 17 and the EC18 pretty much the exact same except for the extra year and possibly the proof?  Do they esteem a certain rickhouse for either of these

1 hour ago, FasterHorses said:

Are the HH 17 and the EC18 pretty much the exact same except for the extra year and possibly the proof?  Do they esteem a certain rickhouse for either of these

Heritage Series is supposed to be the best of the best so I imagine they are cherry picking barrels from wherever they know the sweet spots are in the various rickhouses.

• I like it 1

I may have missed this answer before but is the "Heaven Hill Heritage Collection" replacing Parker's?

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

I may have missed this answer before but is the "Heaven Hill Heritage Collection" replacing Parker's?

In addition to Parker's.   They will do them approx 6 months apart.   Always something to tater, LOL

2 hours ago, geclbxf said:

In addition to Parker's.   They will do them approx 6 months apart.   Always something to tater, LOL

Is William Heavenhill being bottled anymore? Or Heaven Hill Select Stock?

3 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

Is William Heavenhill being bottled anymore? Or Heaven Hill Select Stock?

Yes.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, flahute said:

Yes.

Do you have anymore details Steve?   I was not aware, haven't seen in a bit.

3 hours ago, geclbxf said:

Do you have anymore details Steve?   I was not aware, haven't seen in a bit.

Labels for both have shown up on TTB in the past two months.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.