Redemption Rye 10 Year Barrel Proof

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Has anyone had the recent batch of MGP 95-5? I would think with Pickerell cherry picking all the good barrels a couple of years ago that the barrels aren't as good but I may be wrong.. Thoughts on this bottle?

3 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Has anyone had the recent batch of MGP 95-5? I would think with Pickerell cherry picking all the good barrels a couple of years ago that the barrels aren't as good but I may be wrong.. Thoughts on this bottle?

Have you seen any batches newer than “2”  (116. something proof I believe)?

Batch 2 has been showing up from distributors for several years now.

Its delicious !

I have recently come across a few of these and purchased them. It is a well rounded mpg rye. A very nice pour. It's in that category of bottles I buy multiples of if I can.

• I like it 1

19 hours ago, 0895 said:

Have you seen any batches newer than “2”  (116. something proof I believe)?

Batch 2 has been showing up from distributors for several years now.

Its delicious !

It's 116.2 I believe. Didn't know there were 2 batches. A little expensive for 100 but that's the new reality, so much crap selling for 50-80 bucks.

Just now, Bbstout said:

It's 116.2 I believe. Didn't know there were 2 batches. A little expensive for 100 but that's the new reality, so much crap selling for 50-80 bucks.

Its been consistently $90-100 here since batch 2 came out (and the bottle changed from the StaggJR style to the current one).

Honestly though, you’re right.  Find me a better well aged, higher proof MGP rye for less $.  There’s a lot of crap out there.

The exact same whiskey in a Willett bottle a couple years back (10 year batched MGP rye) was $200-250, and people bought them all rather quickly, while redemption still sits on shelves today.  Label chasing example at its finest.

• I like it 2

Are you kidding me. A Willet 10 MGP would go for over 1000 on secondary  today. The first batch of redemption 10 sells on secondary  because it has a cool wax top. LOL

7 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Are you kidding me. A Willet 10 MGP would go for over 1000 on secondary  today. 

Probably.

Amazing how a bottle/label can make or break an NDP MGP whiskey.  Just do a little homework, and find the bargain🥃.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.