KC Rye

lemonman
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I finally picked up a bottle of KC rye a few weeks, ago; given that KC bourbon is my go to, it seemed a good idea. I definitely enjoy it, but it tastes young to me. I happened to see a PS at the store this week, and it's only 5-1/2 years old, which seems very young to me, especially since it was the same price as my bourbon PS which was almost twice as old. Anybody know how old the base KC rye is? I'm wondering if the OO BiB isn't really much older, yet cheaper.

We know the OO BIB must be at least four years old.

I liked it when I tried it.  I believe it's not chill filtered.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, lemonman said:

So I finally picked up a bottle of KC rye a few weeks, ago; given that KC bourbon is my go to, it seemed a good idea. I definitely enjoy it, but it tastes young to me. I happened to see a PS at the store this week, and it's only 5-1/2 years old, which seems very young to me, especially since it was the same price as my bourbon PS which was almost twice as old. Anybody know how old the base KC rye is? I'm wondering if the OO BiB isn't really much older, yet cheaper.

I have always found KC Rye to be rough.  Sometimes I really enjoy it and other times I find it like riding a bucking bronco I have to work to get through it.  Overall, I do like it but rarely by it since there are other options more readily available at a lower cost.  For example, in my area, I can get WTR101 for about $8 less and it is always enjoyable.

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.