Elijah Craig 18yr (Spring 2022 Release)

GeeTen
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Did my "due diligence" by looking at old threads before starting a new one.  Old "Elijah Craig 18" thread was closed already.  😇

Anyone tried the "new" EC18 just released?  I have 2 different bottles from this release - one bottled 6-15-21 from Barrel #5413 and one bottled 7-7-21 from Barrel #5431.  Might make for an interesting SBS tasting .  I also have another EC18 from last year's release in The Bunker somewhere.

Thoughts?   😋

Edited by GeeTen

I will be interested to hear your thoughts Frank, as I picked one up but gave it to my brother.  If another comes available and you say it is good I just may have to pick one for myself.

• I like it 1

I see one sitting on the shelf for $267. I keep hearing it’s average. Bottled in February. 

3 minutes ago, MM818 said:

I see one sitting on the shelf for $267. I keep hearing it’s average. Bottled in February. 

Huh.  These 2 were $159.99 OTD just last week.  😬

1 hour ago, GeeTen said:

were $159.99 OTD

I’m buying at that price and asking questions  later. 

I remember when the news came out that EC18 was going to be temporarily discontinued. Shortly after, I surprisingly saw one on the shelf for $57.99. I passed. 😟

Biba! Joe

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2022 at 12:25 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

I remember when the news came out that EC18 was going to be temporarily discontinued. Shortly after, I surprisingly saw one on the shelf for $57.99. I passed....

Wait, what?  You trollin' to see who listenin'?

This thread maybe good news we'll see it here eventually.  Guessing Sept.  Unless I go cra-cra, probably only git 1.  I expect $150.  

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

Before the news of temporary discontinuation, I bought the last  3 bottles at a store near the Polynesian Cultural Center for $35 each (two from the same barrel). I thought, $35 for an 18 yo? No brainer. Still haven't put it into the rotation, tho - ha ha

• I like it 3

• 1 month later...

Hi. Guys. I find the Elijah Craig 18 year. Very underwhelming The lower Proof. Just seems to leave me wondering. Why. Did I buy this. 

• 3 months later...

Any info on the fall release? 

I've been striking out on this seasons LE's so I may end up shifting some of the budget for this to sip on through the holidays.  

These seem to be relatively plentiful this year. Been seeing a lot of them, albeit marked up to $200-250.

16 hours ago, Jazz June said:

These seem to be relatively plentiful this year. Been seeing a lot of them, albeit marked up to $200-250.

Here as well.  I ended up grabbing a bottle for MSRP $149.  Hoping some of the Wellers and allocated goodies start popping up soon  

• I like it 1

$150/btl from my friends up north in the "Live Free or Die" state (so someone beat me up for a buck a bottle).   🤣

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 2

$150 in Ohio.  Friend snagged one for me, we'll give it a try.  I was hesitant.  Not much of heavy oak guy.  We'll see.

$199.99 in PA.    I've seen it a few times recently but passed due to the numerous lukewarm reviews.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.