Blanton SFTB US release

Bbstout
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Found this on the interwebs. Is it legal to sell in the US now? I got the one in the picture from KL in 2016. They only sold 100, limit 2. 100 each...the Good old days 

Screenshot_20220323-190222_Chrome.jpg

20220323_191612.jpg

8 hours ago, Bbstout said:

Found this on the interwebs. Is it legal to sell in the US now? I got the one in the picture from KL in 2016. They only sold 100, limit 2. 100 each...the Good old days

K&L had SFTB in this year's lottery.  They didn't say how many bottles were available but the price was $300 IIRC.  I did not win the chance to buy a bottle but, at that price it was way down on my priority list. 

Edited by fosmith
  • I like it 2

Saw it for retail sale here in Boston.  $299.99 OTD. $99 @ Bermuda Duty Free, too.  🤑

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

I looked back through past press releases from Saz/BT. The archives went back as far as 2017. I didn’t find anything on the Blanton’s SFTB. However, I did find a press release from February of 2020 announcing the US release of Blanton’s Gold. 

Biba! Joe

I haven't seen a bottle of any type of Blanton's here in central Kentucky for quite awhile now.  I did buy a bottle of SFTB in 2014 while visiting St. Croix.  We've been back there several times since but the store I purchased it from tells me they haven't seen any either for years now. 

C922F7F0-0AD3-4A94-9BFF-4E76478FE7FD.jpeg

• I like it 6

15 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Saw it for retail sale here in Boston.  $299.99 OTD. $99 @ Bermuda Duty Free, too.  🤑

It sounds like the price to fly to Bermuda could easily be covered by the savings on strategic bourbon purchases. 

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, BigRich said:

It sounds like the price to fly to Bermuda could easily be covered by the savings on strategic bourbon purchases. 

The only caveat is you have to find a way to see if they have any when you go.  I was always pre-informed because daughter #2 was working for the Fairmont Southampton and could hit up the Hamilton liquor store that also operated the Duty Free store at the airport.  Alas, she now works for The Four Seasons Resort Group and her hotels are in The Maldives and Indonesia.  Beautiful, expensive, luxury properties.  But tough finding booze at the Duty Free or liquor stores in those Muslim countries - and the conecting flights to/from Boston go through Doha, Quatar.    🙄

Hate to be tacky, but I would have to know who was delivering the BJ that went with the bottle at that price... 🐷

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.