The lean times are officially here

flahute
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 4/13/2022 at 6:45 AM, Kyjd75 said:

A bottle made out of WOOD PULP?!?!?!?

It's like extra barrel (bottle?) aging. 

• I like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

WTRB just appeared in limited quantities so I bought 2. KCSiB showed up on the TW website as "limited quantity in store only" but was either never there or sold out quickly.

• I like it 3

18 hours ago, flahute said:

WTRB just appeared in limited quantities so I bought 2. KCSiB showed up on the TW website as "limited quantity in store only" but was either never there or sold out quickly.

What do they charge for the WTRB in your neck of the woods?

I saw a bottle of  WTRB rye, on sale for ~ $60.00 the other day.  I almost bought one, but I have a couple bottles and don't drink it very often. 

• I like it 1

While I'm sure that the state of Washington's taxes on spirits will raise the price for WTRB bourbon and rye into the stratosphere, we here in tax-free (on spirits, wine and beers at least) Taxachusetts pay about $45.99 OTD. and $55.99 OTD for WTRB rye.  And I really, really like the WTRB rye.  Go figure.   🥰

• I like it 2

42 minutes ago, Skinsfan1311 said:

What do they charge for the WTRB in your neck of the woods?

I saw a bottle of  WTRB rye, on sale for ~ $60.00 the other day.  I almost bought one, but I have a couple bottles and don't drink it very often. 

One store had it for $62 and TW has it for $45.

The RB Rye goes for $55 here.

• I like it 3

1 minute ago, flahute said:

One store had it for $62 and TW has it for $45.

The RB Rye goes for $55 here.

Thanks.

A definite buy at $45.00

• I like it 1

22 hours ago, flahute said:

I saw this post this morning and checked my local store to find a pile of these (WTRB) just randomly showed up.  So I went and got one so the one I already have won't be lonely 🙂

• I like it 2

As mentioned in another thread I got back into buying recently after a 2 year hiatus (I was suckling at the teat of the bunker during that time).  I was shocked the first time I went into a liquor store and the shelves were more than half empty.  I'm happy to say that things seem to have gotten somewhat back to normal thank goodness.  Still no BT stuff (darnit), but most other things are available.  Also, being that I'm in VA prices aren't ridiculous (one good thing about a control state).

• I like it 1

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know if Heaven Hills name sake expressions are going away?

I haven't found any HH 6 green label which was one of my favorites to pick up in KY.

I haven't seen any of the other HH labels except white label.

I always loved the HH black label bonded but haven't seen it either.

Called around a bit. 

But I also didnt think of it until I was in the NE corner of KY where it seems a little dryer on selection.

I miss my Heaven Hills.

• I like it 2

6 hours ago, Dannabis said:

Does anyone know if Heaven Hills name sake expressions are going away?

I haven't found any HH 6 green label which was one of my favorites to pick up in KY.

I haven't seen any of the other HH labels except white label.

I always loved the HH black label bonded but haven't seen it either.

Called around a bit. 

But I also didnt think of it until I was in the NE corner of KY where it seems a little dryer on selection.

I miss my Heaven Hills.

HH has changed a lot over the last few years @Dannabis. The HH 6 yr white label BIB was discontinued a number of years ago. About a year after it was discontinued, HH came out with a 7 yr BIB at three times the price. Depending on who you talk to, the HH 6 green label may or may not have been discontinued. A friend in our local bourbon/cigar group has a buddy in KY. He says he hasn’t seen it in quite a while. I’m not aware of any HH black label BIB. (EW 86 proof has a black label.) Rittenhouse Rye BIB is still being made as is Mellow Corn. Henry KcKenna 10 yr BIB is still being made, but the price has basically tripled on it too. EW BIB, JTS Brown BIB and JW Dant  BIB are all still around. Hope this helps some. 

Biba! Joe

• I like it 3

THX for the rundown, Joe.  Re: HH basic 3 yr KSBW under private label - the local deli near me has been selling their house bourbon, clearly marked as an 80 proof KSBW, for YEARS.  It still tastes like slightly corny, but it is pretty close to the EWB 86 we all know and love.  Dannabis - welcome back.

• I like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 9:03 PM, oknazevad said:

It's like extra barrel (bottle?) aging. 

But is it a charred inside wood barrel? That would be something

On 8/3/2022 at 11:17 PM, fishnbowljoe said:

HH has changed a lot over the last few years @Dannabis. The HH 6 yr white label BIB was discontinued a number of years ago. About a year after it was discontinued, HH came out with a 7 yr BIB at three times the price. Depending on who you talk to, the HH 6 green label may or may not have been discontinued. A friend in our local bourbon/cigar group has a buddy in KY. He says he hasn’t seen it in quite a while. I’m not aware of any HH black label BIB. (EW 86 proof has a black label.) Rittenhouse Rye BIB is still being made as is Mellow Corn. Henry KcKenna 10 yr BIB is still being made, but the price has basically tripled on it too. EW BIB, JTS Brown BIB and JW Dant  BIB are all still around. Hope this helps some. 

Biba! Joe

The black label HH was I believe called Old Heaven Hill. I will see if I have a bottle in the bunker 

I do still pick up Mellow Corn occasionally as it seems widespread now.

Glad to not lose my EWBIB as that was always a staple of mine.

I guess I will end up falling back in to the EW line. I did find the actual labeled HH products to taste a bit better to me but EW is a fine product.

Edited by Dannabis
  • I like it 1

Not my pic but I guess it is technically a Gold Label, the black just stuck in my mind

oldheavenhillbib.jpg

• I like it 1

So i think that could be the difference between the older HH products and the HH7.. the charcoal filtering is gone.  Do they have any products that are still charcoal filtered? 

I left a couple of those gold label BiBs on a shelf a few years back.. wish I hadnt

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

So i think that could be the difference between the older HH products and the HH7.. the charcoal filtering is gone.  Do they have any products that are still charcoal filtered? 

charcoal filtered.jpg

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.