Tobermory 15 year limited edition price

Dedward429
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello everyone! I'm new to bourbon and whiskey in general, and this is also my first post. I recently won a bottle of Tobermory 15 year limited edition malt scotch at a charity raffle and was wondering its value. I would never sell and plan on adding it to my collection to age until I can truly appreciate it with a more experienced palate. I have been finding prices from 150$-350$ but everyone is out of stock. Also, any good places to check prices on things like this? Thank you all for the help! 

Nice raffle win!  That price range sounds accurate from what I see.  I’m not a tax accountant, but I would say you could just look at a value somewhere in between $150 and $350 as you do your taxes over the weekend.  Depends on how aggressive you want to be.  😁

10 hours ago, Dedward429 said:

Hello everyone! I'm new to bourbon and whiskey in general, and this is also my first post. I recently won a bottle of Tobermory 15 year limited edition malt scotch at a charity raffle and was wondering its value. I would never sell and plan on adding it to my collection to age until I can truly appreciate it with a more experienced palate. I have been finding prices from 150$-350$ but everyone is out of stock. Also, any good places to check prices on things like this? Thank you all for the help! 

Is it the old bottling with guillotine secondary box with the die cut Isle of Mull? Think I paid around $150 many years ago in NYC-- and haven't seen another bottle since. Out of balance in favor of the cask’s previous contents (sherry)… but earthy, honest and interesting nonetheless. Hope you have some experience with cooked corks-- as these early Ledaig/Tobermory closures are problematic. Enjoy!

IMG_7886.thumb.jpg.d08d1738d161fb34f4b787dad25e205e.jpg

• I like it 1

13 hours ago, Marekv8 said:

Is it the old bottling with guillotine secondary box with the die cut Isle of Mull? Think I paid around $150 many years ago in NYC-- and haven't seen another bottle since. Out of balance in favor of the cask’s previous contents (sherry)… but earthy, honest and interesting nonetheless. Hope you have some experience with cooked corks-- as these early Ledaig/Tobermory closures are problematic. Enjoy!

IMG_7886.thumb.jpg.d08d1738d161fb34f4b787dad25e205e.jpg

That is the one! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.