Lesson learned! Knob Creek 12year

Dedward429
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I'm new to whiskey and recently saw a self filled to the limit with KC12 for 60$ a bottle at a grocery store. My instincts told me to buy it, but I talked myself out of it thinking I could just grab one next week. They are now sold out everywhere and a local liquor store is selling them for 120$. Im guessing new stock won't be out until next year? Next time I'm getting 2.

2 hours ago, Dedward429 said:

So I'm new to whiskey and recently saw a self filled to the limit with KC12 for 60$ a bottle at a grocery store. My instincts told me to buy it, but I talked myself out of it thinking I could just grab one next week. They are now sold out everywhere and a local liquor store is selling them for 120$. Im guessing new stock won't be out until next year? Next time I'm getting 2.

As my wife says, if you see it and want it, buy it.  Often, others will snap it up before you get a chance.

You will see it again.  Probably sooner than you think.  Don't second guess yourself on passing up something only to miss out.  Plenty of good bourbon out there.  As you say, if you see it again, you won't pass.  Think of it this way.  If you haven't tried it, you really haven't missed out on anything.  For me, while I like KC12, I am just as happy with two bottles of KC9.  No KC9?  OK, then I move on to WT101 or OF100.  Plenty of options.  None better than the other.  Just different.

• I like it 9

If it makes you feel any better, I pass on KC12 frequently, because I just don’t find it all that fantastic. 
It’ll show up again at retail.

There’s a decent amount of it out there.

In the meantime, try finding it at a bar and try a pour.  You might decide (like me), that you’re better of leaving the bottles for others…

• I like it 6

36 minutes ago, 0895 said:

I pass on KC12 frequently, because I just don’t find it all that fantastic. 

image.gif.6039e5a95a9e2e4a1456e09d4124b228.gif

• I like it 7

13 hours ago, 0895 said:

If it makes you feel any better, I pass on KC12 frequently, because I just don’t find it all that fantastic. 

Same here, although I do think it’s pretty good. It joins the ranks of the dozen or so other “uncommon” bottles similar to EHTSmB HMK10, Blanton’s, ER etc. . . If I see and am in the mood for, I’ll pickup. But I’m past NEEDING all of them on my bar at all times. 

• I like it 6

2 things

if you see it and study the bottle long enough to stay interested, might as well explore further

I'm NOT Knob creek fan!  Last time I passed on KC12 or KC15...?  Give me a minute...

• I like it 1

On 4/17/2022 at 9:02 PM, 0895 said:

In the meantime, try finding it at a bar and try a pour.  You might decide (like me), that you’re better of leaving the bottles for others…

Similar experience although I have purchased a decent amount so I guess I haven't passed on it that much.   I do enjoy KC12 a lot, but I prefer most (all?) KC120 private select single barrels, even the 9 year old ones.  I'm not sure why but perhaps it's the proof.  KC is really excellent at 100 proof but there's something about those 120 proofers....   and I'm not even a proof hound...

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.