A Tasty Trend in Tours?

angelshare
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I just received my Bourbon Country Herald today. I seem to have missed a few issues (current = volume 8, #3; my last issue was Vol 7 #2), but I was pleased to read the following:

"[in the Heaven Hill Vistor's Center] guests will be invited to relax in an elegantly appointed bar and sample the product itself."

What's more, my dad, who just returned from KY, said that at Jim Beam he got to sample BH and Booker's.

Is sampling becoming standard? Will Maker's Mark and WT follow suit? I hope so!

I think Jim Beam may have had the sampling thing going on for a little while now. I know they did during the last festival; They were serving Booker's and Knob Creek at the house next to the Outpost. I could almost see MM doing samplings, but WT... Nah, not at the gift shop they have set up now. Even MM doing samplings... What is there to sample, they only have one damn product! lol.gif Cmon, let's see those 95 and 101 proof offerings here already.

I think Jim Beam may have had the sampling thing going on for a little while now. I know they did during the last festival;

Wow...I feel like we got cheated. Well, maybe not cheated, but still...at JB, we were disappointed. Our impressions may have been different with a tasting.

Having never experienced a tour with a tasting, I can't wait until the Bourbon Festival!

As for MM, point taken...but any tour is better with a tasting!

BT has done tastings for years. What appears to has changed recently is that WR is charging for theirs, unlike all the others.

I guess my surprise betrays how long it has been since we toured. In the 1990s we toured WT, MM, JB, HH, Labrot & Graham, and, in Tennessee, JD and Dickel. I'm not sure if BT offered tours at that time, but, if they did, we were not aware of them. So, out of seven available tours, we were offered no tasting. Now, with BT, WR, JB and HH (this fall), there are four tasting opportunities. I can hardly wait to go back!

My dad felt that WR was by far his favorite tour while in KY. His second favorite was...a tour of the Toyota plant north of the WT distillery. No free samples though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.