Too Much Knob Creek?

MM818
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I love the regular offering. I’ve been drinking a lot of the KC12. I’ve purchased a couple bottles of KC15.

Now I see the 120 is back as store picks the last couple weeks. And I’ve passed because of so much KC in my pantry. I feel like I have to go back and pick them up out of FOMO. 

KC has me paralyzed! 

Couldn’t there be better use of this juice? 

Edited by MM818

It’s all good @MM818. Below is a post and my reply from another thread. FWIW, the other day I bought a bottle of BT even though I have a few in the bunker. Ya’ just never know. 🙃

Biba! Joe

5 hours ago,  elmossle said: 

Nothing special, just some Elijah Craig Small Batch because it was on sale. Didn't need it, but hard to pass up good booze on sale in this current environment of rising prices.

Amen brother @elmossle. 👌 Ain’t it crazy how the differences between need, want, pricing and availability continually makes some of us go “Hmmmm.” 🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, MM818 said:

... And I’ve passed because of so much KC in my pantry....

I'm not sure I understand.  This is whole new concept.  Never realized what we already have has bearing on what we bring home today.  😮

• I like it 1

10 hours ago, B.B. Babington said:

I'm not sure I understand.  This is whole new concept.  Never realized what we already have has bearing on what we bring home today.  😮

I get it and start to nod my head yes - then I pause and think about other distilleries and if they had 12 and 15 year old age stated, and how much it would be.

Keep the quality juice, availability, and choices coming Beam family!

I wish we had too many choices in about 3 other legacy distillers cases.......

• I like it 1

If I see KCSB and the price is reasonable, it would be difficult for me to pass up and at least get one or two.  I'm a thrifty individual, don't really condone hoarding for its' own sake.  I think KCSB is great.  It doesn't help it goes missing for long spans of time around here.

• I like it 1

12 hours ago, MM818 said:

I love the regular offering. I’ve been drinking a lot of the KC12. I’ve purchased a couple bottles of KC15.

Now I see the 120 is back as store picks the last couple weeks. And I’ve passed because of so much KC in my pantry. I feel like I have to go back and pick them up out of FOMO. 

KC has me paralyzed! 

Couldn’t there be better use of this juice? 

K&L (in SF, my go to retailer) just released two KC store picks at ~9.5yo each.  I was tempted but the price has gone up to $60 so I passed.  Not that $60 is unreasonable in today's market but I just have a lot of older releases (with older age statements) in my stash and don't really need any more. 

• I like it 3

A store near me picked two KC barrels. I didn’t check the ages, but both were priced at $59.99. 😐

Biba! Joe

When covid hit, I drank mostly from my bunker. I've yet to replenish to that level. You just never know; plus multiple KC's make for some awesome blends...

If you have too much, just remember:

CF10B6CC-C04C-4EB8-B774-C2369A89CA86.jpeg

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, bayouredd said:

When covid hit, I drank mostly from my bunker. I've yet to replenish to that level. You just never know; plus multiple KC's make for some awesome blends...

If you have too much, just remember:

CF10B6CC-C04C-4EB8-B774-C2369A89CA86.jpeg

Love that sign.  That portion of the distillery property really came out great.   My wife and I did the tour where you get to hang out with both Noe's for a few hours a few weeks ago.   It was awesome!   Very pricey, and needed "tightened up" a bit from an agenda perspective, but how often do you get to thieve from the rickhouse with bourbon royalty and then do Q&A and have a meal.    The restaurant has a good menu too - surprised at the quality of the meals (have now eaten there 2X).

Overall I highly recommend.

• I like it 3

Too much Knob Creek?

Too many guns

Too much ammo

Too much fun

I'll take thing you can't have too much of for 500 Alex.

• I like it 1

5 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

A store near me picked two KC barrels. I didn’t check the ages, but both were priced at $59.99. 😐

Biba! Joe

KCSiB is not $62 here. Yikes.

• I like it 2

While I have definitely had some KC single barrels I liked a whole lot more than others, I can honestly say I've never had one that I regretted buying.  For the money, if I'm in need of high proof, dependable whiskey, they've done me right.

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, GaryT said:

While I have definitely had some KC single barrels I liked a whole lot more than others, I can honestly say I've never had one that I regretted buying.  For the money, if I'm in need of high proof, dependable whiskey, they've done me right.

Same.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.