Chile/Argentina/Colombia

Anwalt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Well, the Italy/Austria thread reminded me of a two-week trip in August.  Celebrating some accomplishments on the part of #1 Son.  Leaving via Miami (where I can hit duty free and bring it back - perhaps the RR that is only sold in duty free?), Santiago de Chile & Vina del Mar, Buenos Aires, back to Santiago, then a layover in Bogota on the way back to Miami.

If anyone has seen anything of note thereabouts, duty-free or otherwise, I should be grateful to hear of it.

I do intend to hit Gulmohars in St Maarten next time we are there; it'll be random, probably when some direct flights from PR are cheap and the Wifey desires time on a different island.  They have normally most/all of the Blanton varieties, at circa $25 above MSRP.  Over-priced in the view of some, understood.  Worth the extra couple of bucks for me to try and avoid standing in Ohio lines or the like.  I'll report back once I visit there, I did call to confirm what I wrote above.  It'll be my chance to see if those bottles are "worth it", I've only tried the SiB.

Is the Bermuda duty-free still worthwhile?

12 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Well, the Italy/Austria thread reminded me of a two-week trip in August.  Celebrating some accomplishments on the part of #1 Son.  Leaving via Miami (where I can hit duty free and bring it back - perhaps the RR that is only sold in duty free?), Santiago de Chile & Vina del Mar, Buenos Aires, back to Santiago, then a layover in Bogota on the way back to Miami.

If anyone has seen anything of note thereabouts, duty-free or otherwise, I should be grateful to hear of it.

I do intend to hit Gulmohars in St Maarten next time we are there; it'll be random, probably when some direct flights from PR are cheap and the Wifey desires time on a different island.  They have normally most/all of the Blanton varieties, at circa $25 above MSRP.  Over-priced in the view of some, understood.  Worth the extra couple of bucks for me to try and avoid standing in Ohio lines or the like.  I'll report back once I visit there, I did call to confirm what I wrote above.  It'll be my chance to see if those bottles are "worth it", I've only tried the SiB.

Be curious to see if there is anything in Buenos Aires.

• I like it 1

I have some places around medellin Colombia if you are interested, nothing crazy but can find good Cuban rums.

• I like it 1

On 6/2/2022 at 8:46 PM, Anwalt said:

It was pre-Covid when I was last there with family at daughter #2's hotel (Fairmont Southampton) - Blanton's Gold in 750ml bottles for $76 and $99 in beautiful Downtown Hamilton's Gosling's liquor store.

Blantons Gold Bermuda.jpg

😋

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.