Interested in Parker Heritage 3rd Addition Golden Anniversary

Dude
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

That’s hard to say.

• I like it 1

1 hour ago, Dude said:

I have a bottle Is it really as good as the price suggests?

It is delicious whiskey. But it depends what you like too because we all have different preferences. If you’re talking about the prices you’re looking up suggesting this bottle is worth thousands of dollars, I’d say that almost no liquid is going to live up to that if you’re basing your expectations on that number. The people that are trying to charge those astronomical numbers are aiming as high as possible trying to prey on collectors that have deep pockets. I’d suggest that almost anyone paying thousands for a bottle of this today is unlikely to actually drink it, and in most cases is trying to complete a collection or just have something fancy to sit on a shelf, as sad as that is. Also, every one of those bottles you see listed for sale for those stupid numbers is still available because it’s just that, a stupid number. If it was a fair value, it would’ve sold. 

If you don’t care about money, try to separate the hypothetical value from your tasting experience and open it with good friends, and enjoy the experience. If you want the money, this isn’t the place to discuss it and offers to buy and sell stuff aren’t allowed here. 

Edited by BottledInBond
  • I like it 2

Why don’t you try it and let us know. Maybe you could also post some tasting notes. That’s what many folks do here.

Biba! Joe

• I like it 5

1 hour ago, Dude said:

I have a bottle Is it really as good as the price suggests?

Price does not mean it is good or bad.  Everyone has different tastes. If you have a bottle please open it and let us know what you think of it. 

• I like it 2

You either like it or you don't.  There's a line from best thing you've ever had to worst thing you've ever had and almost everything falls between those endpoints without touching them.  Do price and a decision on value impact your enjoyment of the drink or just your rating of the drink?  In other words can you taste disappointment?  You figure all of this out by opening the bottle and having a drink and then doing it a few more times across days and weeks to get a good feel for things.    

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.