Hello from a new member and a question

BourbonitisBlues
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello Folks,

New member BourbonitisBlues here. I'm a long time bourbon enthusiast and decided to join this site. I've already found a ton of great information and look forward to participating. I have a quick question. A friend recently gave me an older (early 1960s) bottle of bourbon called Old Pickett. It also says TP Taylor Co. on the bottle. I have searched all over the internet and have found NOTHING. Can anyone here enlighten me? Thanks

BourbonitisBlues

Just a guess, but you might have a 'store brand' bottling. T. P. Taylor & Co. appears to be a drug store, at least according to this site.

Not sure if this helps, but good luck with your research!

toast.gif

Old Pickett was a brand owned by Taylor Drug stores here in Louisville. It was 4-year Heaven Hill bourbon bottled for the drug store as their house brand. When Taylor Drugs sold out to Rite Aid a few years ago, the brand dissapeared.

Julian

Hi

Being a new member myself - only recently recognizing the quality of bourbon - I find this site both informativ and entertaining. I used to be a devoted scotch drinker but a sip of Bookers opened my eyes. Still love a good scotch though.

I was wondering whether anyone knows an onlineshop in the U.S. that will ship whiskey to Europe?

Greetings from

The Wiking tongue.gif

Thanks, Julian. Taylor had been one of my accounts when I was in advertising in Louisville and I always wondered what happened to them. Now I work for Walgreens, who I don't expect will disappear without a trace anytime soon.

Thanks

I have just placed an order.

Just had to have a bottle of Hirsch 16 and the Wild Turkey Russel Reserve. Prices seam much more reasonable.

TheWiking cool.gif

TW,

Do you mean to tell me that Sam's can ship to you in Denmark, while they can't ship to me in my prospective new residence in Arizona, USA? How crazy is that?!

I'm tempted to quote "Hamlet" here regarding Denmark, but I won't. It's we Yanks who are to blame -- for tolerating laws that benefit the few at the expense of the many.

Yours truly,

Dave Morefield

Oh, but Dave, you know those kids -- let 'em ship nationwide and they'll be ordering left and right, waiting there all week for delivery, and then running to beat Mom and Dad to the door when the UPS truck comes horseshit.gif. The distributors' lobbies are just protecting our children!

puke.gif

Hold your horses horseshit.gif

I haven't recieved anything yet - only an order confirmation.

And who ever said life was fair? smilielol.gif

TheWiking cool.gif

No need to be alarmed

The shipping costs $81 for my order of $66 ment that the price almost equalled local European prices - and that's without getting "stuck" in customs. banghead.gif

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.