Dry Fly

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

A local had a 9 yr barrel proof wheated  Dry Fly store pick. I know nothing about it except its distilled in WA. Pretty reasonable at $59 for a 9 yr. Barrel Proof but no sample available. Anyone have info on these guys? May head back tomorrow and gamble on it. 

I truly know nothing about the Dry Fly BP. But the local Taters go bonkers, when they come across them. 

Cheers

• I like it 1

I've never heard of Dry Fly.  But I'm with Bourbon Scout on this, it sounds like a condition.  They might want to go see a doctor.  😁

• I like it 1

On 6/8/2022 at 5:05 PM, FasterHorses said:

A local had a 9 yr barrel proof wheated  Dry Fly store pick. I know nothing about it except its distilled in WA. Pretty reasonable at $59 for a 9 yr. Barrel Proof but no sample available. Anyone have info on these guys? May head back tomorrow and gamble on it. 

A friend brought to a cigar party.  I liked it.  Different.  Not sure how to describe it.  Smooth.  Very, umm, wheaty.  Probably not super helpful.  

• I like it 1

8 hours ago, Kepler said:

I've never heard of Dry Fly.  But I'm with Bourbon Scout on this, it sounds like a condition.  They might want to go see a doctor.  😁

I think the name is a reference to flyfishing. 

13 minutes ago, FasterHorses said:

Indeed, I recall the whiskey even had a dry fly on the label.

In fly fishing, a dry fly is a small lure intended to float on the surface, resembling an insect.

As far as the whiskey brand, expensive craft stuff is a tough sell with me.  I saw it a time or two and passed.

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

It is. They are located in Spokane, WA and there is a lot of fly fishing out that way.

• I like it 2

14 hours ago, FasterHorses said:

14 hours ago, PaulO said:

Indeed, I recall the whiskey even had a dry fly on the label.

In fly fishing, a dry fly is a small lure intended to float on the surface, resembling an insect.

As far as the whiskey brand, expensive craft stuff is a tough sell with me.  I saw it a time or two and passed.

Thanks.  I learned something.

I recall enjoying a bottle of their 3-year wheat whiskey,  but not enough to spring for a second bottle.   It may be instructive to hear from others what craft bourbons folks have like well enough to earn repeat business.   

For me,  craft bourbons I've bought again include FEW,  Woodinville, Driftless Glen,  BBC Fusion and Wilderness Trail.

On 6/11/2022 at 11:44 PM, Kepler said:

That is funny, I don’t care who you are 

-Larry the Cable Guy 😄

• I like it 1

Just sampled  this 9 yr store pick. Incredible. Bought 4

• I like it 2

On 6/23/2022 at 9:01 PM, FasterHorses said:

Just sampled  this 9 yr store pick. Incredible. Bought 4

Does this store do mail order?

• 1 month later...

I got a bottle of Dry Fly triticale whiskey  port finish barrel proof and it is phenomenal tasting. I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised. Never seen anything else from em since

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.