What Bourbon did you Purchase (Summer 2022)

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On 11/23/2022 at 1:49 AM, Kepler said:

I have an unimpressive Remus single barrel store pick with the MGP "high rye" mashbill from a local store that I once bought on a lark.  The store did not offer a sample before buying.  I love good MGP but this one is meh.  Lots of vibrant fruity flavors but overall it's a bit disjointed and unremarkable.  I chalk it up more to the store pickers than the Remus SiB brand.  But my lesson is "try before you buy" for these single barrels.

However their Repeal Reserve is consistently top notch and not to be confused with the Single Barrel product...

Appreciate the reply. I was debating between it and a 5 yr SAOS SiB. I bought the SAOS and I’m Very pleased. It’s 119 proof and a tad spicy hot on the back but it sings with some water. I’m going to buy a 2nd one for $41. 

• I like it 1

Remus Gatsby for Pappy's Place, engraved and everything.  The guys and gals deserve nothing but the best!  Will post pics when I get it from the engraver tomorrow 🥳

• I like it 3

On 11/26/2022 at 2:57 PM, CUfan99 said:

Appreciate the reply. I was debating between it and a 5 yr SAOS SiB. I bought the SAOS and I’m Very pleased. It’s 119 proof and a tad spicy hot on the back but it sings with some water. I’m going to buy a 2nd one for $41. 

Totally agree on the SAOS.  Delicious MGP bourbon.  I liked it a lot at $50 and bought a few more when it went on sale for $37.  I've also been enjoying several other single barrel cask strength MGP sourced bourbons in the 5 - 6 yr range such as Doc Swinson's and Heaven's Door. 

• I like it 2

I'm an MGP fan, too.  I was just joking with a friend (after I scored him a Remus VI) that he and I could put together a mega-MGP blind with about 20 bottles.

• I like it 1

2 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Oops, wrong season!

There is never a wrong season for bourbon!😀

• I like it 1

I'm new here so I haven't yet posted any of our purchases from over the summer.

These are from the June and  July State Store monthly allocation day.

image.thumb.jpeg.3f3c618b27ec4052fba7731e97c6005c.jpeg

20220723_112353.jpg

• I like it 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/28/2022 at 8:16 PM, Sven Heuchert said:

Bought the JD Triple Mash and cracked it today. First sip neat. I think it's pretty good stuff! I also bought the JD Barrel Strength, which is a more pricey bottle here in Deutscheländ, but this one remains closed til the weekend. Will report though! (I was inspired by the thread here on SB about this expression and wanted to buy for a long time, but was never sure, because JD, you know ...)

IMG_20220928_200938928_PORTRAIT-min.jpg

Poured me a glass of the Triple Mash just now, tried it twice before, I think it is either getting better with the bottle open for a few weeks now, or it is growing on me. Enjoy it more now it seems. Poured me a JD SBBS yesterday, very satisfying, I have to say, as always! One of the better JD's that we at least can get our hands on in Europe!

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.