Bourbon --> Food Analogies

jbalchunas
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hey everyone,

This occurred to me the other night when I was sipping EWSB94 (neat). While I am still learning how to really describe what I am tasting when it comes to bourbon, when I think back at the bourbon's I've tasted, I can put them in terms of food, or parts of a meal...if that makes any sense...

For example:

EWSB94 --> This is where this idea first occured to me. EWSB is like a nice, rich desert, specifically tiramisu...the past couple times I've sipped EWSB (which has become a favorite), I've picked out notes of coffee, maybe chocolate, not sure, but in any case, combined with the warmth of the alcohol, reminded me very strongly of well-made tiramisu (with espresso, cocoa, brandy or rum, etc...)

EC12 --> This one is trickier, and not necessarily a favorite of mine, but more like a salad. That little bit of bitter/bite of the salad greens...a little sweet like a salad (depending on the dressing)...finish is strongest on the tip of the tongue

WT (101, RR, RB), Bakers, Bookers, KC --> These all remind me of a nice steak. The RR, Bakers, and Bookers specifically of a nice blackened steak...that little bit of spice, very "chewy" mouthfeel, long strong finish on the sides of the tongue....

Anyway, just some thoughts....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.