Remus Repeal VI

FasterHorses
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

They announced the recipe yesterday.. looks like its going to be quite a bit younger this year. Surprised by just how young. However there is the potential for greatness..the best MGP ive had was just under 9 years. 

E5EC37B1-92FC-4709-B14F-43B576624FE8.jpeg.d578905b81d7f19fd7c6824e4446ddda.jpeg

Edited by FasterHorses
  • I like it 5

These releases have been pretty consistently good so far. Until they put out a dud I think I’d still trust buying one without trying

• I like it 1

Yes im confident it will still be good. Just noting the age. I think they were 12-14 last year.. now 8-10. Also noticed they have a Remus Gatsby Reserve release at the same time which will be 100% 15 year..I guess they saw an opportunity and went with it instead of putting the 15 yr into the RRR. We’ll see. Hope to try both. 

why only 2% 2008.  looks like they tossed it in just to get something older on label.  

but 10 year mgp rye is often quite good.  I'll get at least 1 bottle if able.

22 minutes ago, B.B. Babington said:

why only 2% 2008. 

Why?  So, somebody can pipe up with a comment like, “…how the 14 year low rye really gives the VI a crisp oak backbone, while not getting overly woody.  Perfectly balanced…”. 🤣🤣🤣

• I like it 5

Sure wish I could any of this superb series.   I've never seen one in Pennsy or New Jersey.  I think it's time to schedule my next visit to Chicagoland.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:30 PM, Jazzhead said:

Sure wish I could any of this superb series.   I've never seen one in Pennsy or New Jersey.  I think it's time to schedule my next visit to Chicagoland.

they've been relatively easy to get here in virginny, just have to get them while they're on shelf.  but boom getting super cra-cra here so might be hard to get this year.

On 7/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, FasterHorses said:

They announced the recipe yesterday.. looks like its going to be quite a bit younger this year. Surprised by just how young. However there is the potential for greatness..the best MGP ive had was just under 9 years. 

E5EC37B1-92FC-4709-B14F-43B576624FE8.jpeg.d578905b81d7f19fd7c6824e4446ddda.jpeg

I agree. It looks really decent. I really liked Batch IV & V. Have acquired numerous bottles. However now that everyone knows about RRR. Batch VI. Is going to be flying off the shelf’s 

• I like it 2

On 7/24/2022 at 6:56 PM, FasterHorses said:

Yes im confident it will still be good. Just noting the age. I think they were 12-14 last year.. now 8-10. Also noticed they have a Remus Gatsby Reserve release at the same time which will be 100% 15 year..I guess they saw an opportunity and went with it instead of putting the 15 yr into the RRR. We’ll see. Hope to try both. 

Not to be cynical but it sounds like Gatsby is what Repeal VI would have been, but they made it a premium (with a higher price no doubt) and went with younger juice for the Repeal cuz they know we'll buy it.  At a mean age of 9 years, and with the Repeal Reserve pedigree, I am still going to buy the VI when it come out if possible, and would likely buy the Gatsby, depending on the price.  I can buy KC 15 and Calumet 15 for around $100 so its hard to say what I would pay for 15-yr-old Remus.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.