Lottery for this year's OF BB

dean_martin
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Enter the lottery for this year's OF Birthday Bourbon.  I'll need to find out if they ship.  In the past, my state wouldn't allow liquor shipments directly to residents.  I think bottles shipped from out of state had to go to an ABC store.  Not sure, but I avoided all the red tape by opening a mailbox at a UPS store in a neighboring state.  But, my mailbox rental expired!  Anyhow, I'd like to see an SBer win a bottle.  This year's MSRP is $150.  At least you can avoid markups and secondary prices if you win a bottle.   Good luck! 

https://robbreport.com/food-drink/spirits/old-forester-birthday-bourbon-1234740562/

• I like it 1

Darn I must be getting old, but I remember when this was a $30 bottle and available by the case.  MSRP in Michigan:  $149.99, so it will be available for $300 - $400, if one can find it.  I'll take a pass.

• I like it 2

On 8/18/2022 at 5:33 PM, Special Reserve said:

Darn I must be getting old, but I remember when this was a $30 bottle and available by the case.  MSRP in Michigan:  $149.99, so it will be available for $300 - $400, if one can find it.  I'll take a pass.

Try closer to $1K.  I encountered someone bragging about "getting it for a steal for $750" last year.  🙄

• I like it 1

15 minutes ago, 0895 said:

Try closer to $1K.  I encountered someone bragging about "getting it for a steal for $750" last year.  🙄

That's making me shake my head. Crazy.

4 hours ago, 0895 said:

4 hours ago, Special Reserve said:

That's making me shake my head. Crazy.

There are truly some lost individuals who have gotten into bourbon lately.  God help them.

• I like it 2

Honestly, some of the current regular releases of Old Forester in the $20 - $50 range (stuff I can easily find on a shelf) are more in my wheelhouse than the past years of BB I tried, regardless of price and scarcity.

Zero interest chasing the BB here.  Good luck though, if you like it.

• I like it 3

Not much luv for the OF BB.  I was able to get a 2011 in the $55 range, iirc.  My son said he had a more recent release, might've been the 21, at a bar and enjoyed it.  What do y'all think about B-F using a lottery model for this release?  (Man, times have changed.)

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, geclbxf said:

I was a loser - did anyone win?

One of the guys in my group - The Bourbon Crusaders - won, but that's the only person I know who did.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.