Found Barrels Just Sitting There

Anwalt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Someone in our building left some barrels out for the trash collector.  

Wifey, who is an artist and works wood (and especially stone sculpture) thinks they are salvageable.  Meaning:  She would revel in spending hours refurbishing them.  We'll probably have to negotiate how many end up "Anwalt Acceptable" and how many are turned into something Horrifyingly Artsy (opposites do attract).

They aren't ours until they are, and few things in Puerto Rico are simple.  So until they are in our direct physical possession, it's a nothing burger.  Will update as needed.

Two benefits for me if it works out.  First, neat furniture/storage or whatnot.  Second, Wifey is happily occupied for a spell and not plotting spousicide.  Maybe a third benefit, it might continue her Acceptance of my leetle hobby.

Barrels.jpg

• I like it 4

1 hour ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Are those rum barrels? Just curious.

Not certain.  Likely given how much is produced on the island.

• I like it 1

31 minutes ago, PhantomLamb said:

Any marks on the barrelheads that give you any idea?

None that I could discern.  

7 hours ago, Anwalt said:

Someone in our building left some barrels out for the trash collector.  

Wifey, who is an artist and works wood (and especially stone sculpture) thinks they are salvageable.  Meaning:  She would revel in spending hours refurbishing them.  We'll probably have to negotiate how many end up "Anwalt Acceptable" and how many are turned into something Horrifyingly Artsy (opposites do attract).

They aren't ours until they are, and few things in Puerto Rico are simple.  So until they are in our direct physical possession, it's a nothing burger.  Will update as needed.

Two benefits for me if it works out.  First, neat furniture/storage or whatnot.  Second, Wifey is happily occupied for a spell and not plotting spousicide.  Maybe a third benefit, it might continue her Acceptance of my leetle hobby.

Barrels.jpg

I think those were in my grandpa's basement and used to store his hard cider that he made each year.

• I like it 3

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.