Pretty Busy Bourbon Heritage Month in L.A./Orange County

IamMatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just realizing how fortunate I am to have so many opportunities to socialize this month.  A liquor store had a day-long event with a taco truck just after one of their barrel picks came in.  A women's whiskey group (all genders welcome) is hosting a happy hour next week at a bar with a great bourbon menu.  Another group is hosting a Heaven Hill tasting and dinner at a local restaurant toward the end of the month.  And that's just the stuff I know about!  Happy Bourbon Heritage Month!

• I like it 2

21 hours ago, IamMatt said:

Just realizing how fortunate I am to have so many opportunities to socialize this month.  A liquor store had a day-long event with a taco truck just after one of their barrel picks came in.  A women's whiskey group (all genders welcome) is hosting a happy hour next week at a bar with a great bourbon menu.  Another group is hosting a Heaven Hill tasting and dinner at a local restaurant toward the end of the month.  And that's just the stuff I know about!  Happy Bourbon Heritage Month!

Wow - wish we had ANY of that in Ohio, LOL.

• I like it 1

Sorry, friend.

I just found out something called WhiskyX is coming to L.A. next month too:  https://www.thewhiskyx.com/

Don't know any more than what is on their website (and that they don't know how to spell Whiskey lol).  Looks like they set up all around the country (not Ohio, unfortunately).

• I like it 1

Is it bourbon heritage month? Shee et. I needa look around for some local events. Thanks for highlighting this. Theres gotta be some Denver booze boobs putting on some schtick.

All I found was some random intro to bourbon "class" tasting at Pour (aka Poor, which is the state you leave in if you drink there)

They claim to be testing an entry level and a top shelf from each company but they list Elijah Craig small batch as Heaven Hills top shelf to which I cry foul.

I dig around a bit more soon.

I fear the local liquor hipsters are not wise to the bourbon heritage month.

WhixkyX is in Denver on Sept 16.  https://www.thewhiskyx.com/  I don't know anything about it other than what I have seen on the website.  If you're on Fakebook, I just got several hits for groups searching "Colorado Bourbon."  Maybe they have get-togethers, or you can join and organize some.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.