Blending

CaptTim
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have searched for the the WSR and OGD 114 mixing ratio to get the 4 grain juice.  Can't find it I am sure it's here somewhere.

My question,,  I know it is not an exact science but what is the preferred ratio.  

• I like it 1

I just do it 50:50 and enjoy it that way. I know others have posted their favorite ratios as being different. I'm just too lazy to experiment and do all the "ciphering". 😛

• I like it 1

Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain (GW4G) - 3xWSR:2xOGD114 for me.  YMMV.  😋

Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain.jpg

Now what you really should try is a SBS of @fishnbowljoe's 2018 and 2021 Weller Blends!  Then add a touch of WFP on top of the WA107 for the "Proofhounds" amongst us.   🥰

Edited by GeeTen
  • I like it 1

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Now what you really should try is a SBS of @fishnbowljoe's 2018 and 2021 Weller Blends!  Then add a touch of WFP on top of the WA107 for the "Proofhounds" amongst us.   🥰

I’ve done a few Weller Blends in my day. I can’t remember the first one I did, nor can I find any pics. -_- However, I do have a couple of pics  of my Weller SB Blend II. The 2009 WLW was a pretty hot mess. Adding Weller SR and the Old Fitz made it drinkable. Very drinkable. :P I’m not 100% sure, but I believe the remnants of this bottle went home with @T Comp after the KBF. 😀

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg.511e5f38cae2786e20a5df9463196226.jpegimage.jpeg.a9e8c077cf4a2b726f7b0b3c85089b3d.jpeg

• I like it 6

5 hours ago, GeeTen said:

Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain (GW4G) - 3xWSR:2xOGD114 for me.  YMMV.  😋

Grandpa Weller's 4 Grain.jpg

I've been thinking about trying this.  Since we have no WSR in Indiana, maybe substitute MM or Rebel 100.

• I like it 1

Thanks so much for the reply's.  I am going to mix them up tonight.  It will be my Saturday night pour..

• I like it 1

There is also a “Ron’s 4 Grain” from @BourbonJoe tasting group.  He has a blend recipe, and perhaps he will see that I’ve tagged him, and will share it with us. It appears to be very good based on its performance in their blind tasting competitions.  I hope he comments.  

• I like it 3

8 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

I’ve done a few Weller Blends in my day. I can’t remember the first one I did, nor can I find any pics. -_- However, I do have a couple of pics  of my Weller SB Blend II. The 2009 WLW was a pretty hot mess. Adding Weller SR and the Old Fitz made it drinkable. Very drinkable. :P I’m not 100% sure, but I believe the remnants of this bottle went home with @T Comp after the KBF. 😀

Biba! Joe

image.jpeg.511e5f38cae2786e20a5df9463196226.jpegimage.jpeg.a9e8c077cf4a2b726f7b0b3c85089b3d.jpeg

Such an amateur!  😀  

Obvious attempt at humor.

• I like it 3

13 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Such an amateur!  😀  

Obvious attempt at humor.

That’s what she said! 😉 Wait a minute……..🤔

Biba! Joe

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Biba! Joe

She said "is it ready yet?"  He replied, "why yes it is"  

I am talking about cooking dinner on the grill.  What were you thinking?  😜

• I like it 3

16 minutes ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Well, that's twice on two threads in short succession.  Prithee tell Joe....what is on your mind tonight?  😈

• I like it 1

10 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

She said "is it ready yet?"  He replied, "why yes it is"  

I am talking about cooking dinner on the grill.  What were you thinking?  😜

6 minutes ago, Anwalt said:

Well, that's twice on two threads in short succession.  Prithee tell Joe....what is on your mind tonight?  😈

It’s been a long week. Just having some fun. 🙃

Biba! Joe

• I like it 2

12 hours ago, smokinjoe said:

There is also a “Ron’s 4 Grain” from @BourbonJoe tasting group.  He has a blend recipe, and perhaps he will see that I’ve tagged him, and will share it with us. It appears to be very good based on its performance in their blind tasting competitions.  I hope he comments.  

I've been making a "Poor Man's Ron's Four Grain" for many years as a go-to.  Equal parts MMCS, BT, and EW1783.  (The original was MM, GTS, and EW1783 IIRC.)

• I like it 4

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.