Turkish tea glasses. Amazing.

Erk Russel Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Someone on reddit recommended Turkish Tea Glasses for bourbon.  After watching the below video, I bought a set.  Very impressed.  It combines the virtue of the Glencairn (long tulip) with the ethanol venting and aroma concentrating power of the NEAT glass.  And it is longer than the NEAT, so this concentration is even greater.  Plus it is designed for drinking, so you don't have to do gymnastics to drink from it.  There are quite a few on Amazon and they are cheap.  There is even a larger size if you want to add ice. 

If you want more heat, you can move your nose closer to the rim, less heat, to the center.

• I like it 1

This is the set I picked up (not USA Amazon).  It has internal spiral fluting (fluid dynamics ala Norlan?), which may or may not impact the ethanol venting and aroma concentrating.  Looking forward to giving them a real breaking in. 

Edit: Seems like Amazon has this set, search for Turkish Tea Glasses Large (Set of 6) - Whirling Design .

Cheers

sahjkdflkasd.jpg

asdfasdf.jpg

Edited by Erk Russel Reserve

I tried a variety of bottles and proofs.  No burn, on the nose and on the pallet.  All very pleasurable and much easier to drink (which can be a bad thing).  Even Blanton's Straight from the Barrel and Rare Breed went down smooth.  It was kinda weird.  And the nosing was out of this world.  Lots of previously undetected scents became clear as day.  Who knew Blanton's SFTB had a hint of armpit (or maybe it was just me)?

• I like it 3

Stagg Sr was delicious, as was vintage OGD 114, Full proof Woodford and even vintage Ten High lol. 

Love that glass!

Reading your posts made me order a set from Amazon, but I got the smooth ones; cleaning the swirly ones looked like a PITA. Look forward to trying them; I always find the big differences in taste and smell among glassware fascinating.

On 9/22/2022 at 4:17 AM, Erk Russel Reserve said:

I think you will be pleased. 

Um, have you tried them with tea?  I waffle between a gaiwan cup (and appropriate prep) and my StraightBourbon mug (with regular teaspoon prep adjusted for the larger volume).  They say they are "tea" glasses but one never knows . . .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.