Banker's Club

angelshare
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Fleischmann's rye would qualify I think as a price rye.

Gary

Is their any realation between them and the yeast manufacturer?

Is their any realation between them and the yeast manufacturer?

A long time ago, in a galaxy....oops...the answer is...at one time, yes

I gave a bottle of Banker's Club to Dawn (Luvtohunt) last year. I think she tasted it. Perhaps she would like to comment.

Joe :usflag:

Yup, we opened it :) We open everything! We have to try it to decide if we want another bottle or not!!!

I think we decided that it was a Barton product. Must be young, alcohol nose, not much flavor, too much burn, odd taste in the finish. Sorry, but I didn't really like it. I used alittle in cooking and took the rest of the bottle to the festival this year. Didn't anyone else taste it?

Dawn

Dawn and Jon, that's what I love about this place. You open it, taste it, share tasting notes. I really have come to enjoy many people here, but you guys are right there in the top notch.

I'm trying to work on over coming giving my opinion on selections and posts like yours help a lot. I'm really good about if I've got a bottle that I open it. I just need to get past the I might not taste the same thing that everybody else taste phobia.

Well, I must admit that I was intrigued by that bottle on top of the TV in Dawn and Jon's room and poured myself just a smidgen. All I can remember is that I developed quite a drinking problem afterward. I kept lifting the glass and missing my mouth and leaving a wet spot on the parking lot outside....

Fleischmann's rye would qualify I think as a price rye.
Good point, almost like a vestigial organ.

And Stephen Foster. As I have posted before, both are very similar in style but I find Fleishmann's to be really, really good, and Foster to be definitely lower shelf. Furthermore, the last Foster I saw on the shelves in Wisconsin was three-year-old (as opposed to the previous unstated, i.e., four-year-old minimum), which can't be good.

Jeff

Yes, Foster too.

I think it's also safe to say that Wisconsin appears to be the only place where there is sufficient rye volume for there to still be a market for a commodity rye.

I'm about an hour from the Wisconsin border and do get up there from time to time. I wouldn't mind investing a couple of hours in a rare ryes run, but I'm getting the impression that you have to go up into the northernmost parts of the state to find this. Is that impression accurate?

And to think that the last few trips I made up there, all I stopped for was cheese and sausage.

And to think that the last few trips I made up there, all I stopped for was cheese and sausage.

Off topic, I know, but you didn't happen to stop at the Mars' Cheese Factory did you Chuck?

Off topic, I know, but you didn't happen to stop at the Mars' Cheese Factory did you Chuck?

I have. There are many, many, many others, however.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.