Indiana dad raffling off rare Pappy Van Winkle collection to raise money for cystic fibrosis research

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

18 hours ago, fishnbowljoe said:

Thanks Joe, stories like this both warm and break my heart.  I easily recall the time when the average life expectancy for a CF patient was in the lower twenties, so having a life expectancy of 53 is a major improvement.  Also in this time frame genetic testing has become available that screening for most CF genes and can eliminate most cases.  

I wish them the best with the raffle and most importantly the best to their son.

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...

I remember when a bottle of BTAC was $50.  Now valued at $14,000.  Simply amazing.

• I like it 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2022 at 3:06 PM, Special Reserve said:

I remember when a bottle of BTAC was $50.  Now valued at $14,000.  Simply amazing.

Value is such a relative term! I taped out at about $150-$200 and I wasn't sure it had that much value for me even  at those prices.

Actually that isn't true. I definitely knew it didn't have that much value for me which is why I quit looking for it!

• I like it 4

12 hours ago, tanstaafl2 said:

Value is such a relative term! I taped out at about $150-$200 and I wasn't sure it had that much value for me even  at those prices.

Actually that isn't true. I definitely knew it didn't have that much value for me which is why I quit looking for it!

Yup!   Even very good or excellent Bourbon or Rye is only worth whatever satisfaction it offers in your glass.   I realize that 'pride of ownership' will enter the equation, for some or all of us, on occasion.    I've been very proud to share some of the BTAC Pappy, etc. I've owned; but, I think more for the knowledge of how it mat be appreciated & enjoyed by the recipients, given it's 'unobtainium' status along with it's quality and qualities.   But, I dropped out too, when it went consistently over $150... and up (way up!).

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.