I can't be the only one...

IamMatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

We went to a whiskey festival last month and my wife tasted a product from a craft distiller that she decided she had to have a bottle of.   It's only about $30-$35.  But because it is a small distiller, it is not widely available.  But there is a store I can order it from online.  But shipping is $15.  But this store offers free shipping with $200-plus orders.

So of course I think the smart move is to scour the site to find $200 worth of whiskey in order to save $15 in shipping.  I can't be the only one.

• I like it 2

I tend to find the sweet spot where shipping and less expensive bottles make it a break even or a win for me vs buying local and paying tax.

My state won't allow booze shipped in the mail. 😒

Recently I tried to mail a box of gifts (clothes) to in laws in CA.

Post office refused to accept my package because it was a re used liquor case box.  I explained, no liquor, only clothes.  They didn't care, as long as the box had a name of alcohol somewhere on it.  I even offered to open it and let them look inside.

Next stop UPS, they were fine with it.

Next time, use a Victoria's Secret box to ship some booze.  "But it says it's clothing on the box!!!"

• I like it 2

4 hours ago, PaulO said:

My state won't allow booze shipped in the mail. 😒

Recently I tried to mail a box of gifts (clothes) to in laws in CA.

Post office refused to accept my package because it was a re used liquor case box.  I explained, no liquor, only clothes.  They didn't care, as long as the box had a name of alcohol somewhere on it.  I even offered to open it and let them look inside.

Next stop UPS, they were fine with it.

Just tell 'em it's olive oil or hot sauce.  As long as it's not a flammable, you should be good to go.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.