Very weird marketing/distribution practices

IamMatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I heard that a large chain general merchandise store in an adjoining county had Remus Repeal VI.  They have a local store near me so I went to ask if they had it.  They didn't, but thankfully they found two other store locations that had it.  To clarify, these two stores were the only ones in this region that got any, so it's not that other stores got it and sold out.  I was able to find a bottle at one of these stores, but here's what puzzles me.

The median household income in the city near me is around $95,000 and it is between $53,000 and $55,000 in the two cities whose stores got Remus Repeal.  Seems odd to place a $100-ish bottle in cities with incomes about 20% below the national average, and not in a city with income over 40% above the national average. 

• I like it 1

Better than to spend the money on lottery tickets.  The only flaw I can think of with the Remus Repeal VI is that it's just too easy to drink.   

Whiskies tend to be allocated by the wholesalers based on store volume, cooperative buyers, etc. Don't know the situation of the stores your are talking about but i would assume that is the case. If it is a highly sought after item, plenty of folks will travel to find it.

“…cooperative buyers…”.  🤣🤣. There’s a lot to unpack, there…🤣🤣

• I like it 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.