Do you always/usually dump the neck pour (like into an infinity bottle for example)?

IamMatt
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I get having an infinity bottle or saving samples or that certain whiskies change over time with the introduction of air. I don't buy the "neck pour" thing from a new bottle that it's any different than the liquid in the rest of the bottle. Just the act of moving the bottle and pouring it basically mixes up the liquid inside. I mean, it's been in a box on a truck. It got unboxed in a store. It rode home in your trunk. It went one your shelf. You tipped it up to pour out. All that liquid is the same. If a bottle sat completely still for YEARS and then you siphoned off the very top without moving the bottle at all,  then MAYbe. 🤷‍♂️

• I like it 1

Adding my 2c on the whole "neck pour" topic, count me firmly in the camp of non-believers, its simply not a thing. Infinity bottles yes, they exist, neck pours being different? about as real as the Easter bunny.

• I like it 2

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.