Traveling to Japan...any bars or stores that should be a must stop.

JB79
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Hello, 

I am traveling to Japan (mainly Tokyo). Are there any bars or stores I should strongly considering checking out? I am not afraid to hop on a train or drive a few hours away for the perfect bourbon experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

My wife  was in Hamamatsu and Tokyo last month and found a few nice bottles. She couldn't remember specific stores, I know big help, but one thing she did say was that the liquor stores all seemed to close early most at 19:00.

Also try Amazon Japan they sell liquor. She had a couple of bottles overnighted to her hotel.

• I like it 1

I'd love to go to Japan.  I'd start with a search of hifi bars and hit up one or two.  Then, I'd search for the bartenders who contributed to Seiko's Presage series of Cocktail Time watches and try to hit up one of their bars.  I'd also try to find out whether Four Roses has any Japan/export-only bottles to bring home.  Enjoy your trip!

12 hours ago, dean_martin said:

I'd love to go to Japan.  I'd start with a search of hifi bars and hit up one or two.  Then, I'd search for the bartenders who contributed to Seiko's Presage series of Cocktail Time watches and try to hit up one of their bars.  I'd also try to find out whether Four Roses has any Japan/export-only bottles to bring home.  Enjoy your trip!

This is a Japan only release my wife just picked up in Tokyo. We haven't yet opened one. 

20221106_210134.jpg

• I like it 5

9 hours ago, Davesnothere said:

This is a Japan only release my wife just picked up in Tokyo. We haven't yet opened one. 

20221106_210134.jpg

That's so cool!  Love the "super premium".  

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.